Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK import export vet query!

Options
  • 03-12-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all

I bought a car in UK this year, changing in the new year, (again in the UK)I know I need to book in with NCT for test prior to reclaiming the VRT less a E500 fee.
    I can't seem to locate the original logbook from UK DVLA when i purchased there. Im wondering if its easy to get a copy and how expedient the process is before I go over with the car for trade again.

Thanks

VRT not VET query in title :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

The car has to be inspected by the NCTC yes. You will have handed in the v5c when you re-registered it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You don't bring in the UK V5, you bring in the Irish log book for the export process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You don't bring in the UK V5, you bring in the Irish log book for the export process.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭zwind

if you don't have a uk address, you need to get an certificate of permanent export from DVLA.

Advertisement