Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guide price on F&R brake pads supplied & fitted

Options
  • 03-12-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Grateful for a guide price here. It's a 2005 Skoda Superb 1.9 diesel. Brake pad wear light came on this morning.

Two Skoda dealers came back with €230 to supply and fit. Called indy there and they came back with €165 to supply and fit.

Are these prices reasonable for dealers/indy?

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Is that for 1 or 2 sets of pads ?

if for 2 sets seems good.

I had rear pads replaced on a 2008 passat for €95 this morning, indy in Blanchardstown.

Edit, see your Front and rear now, your indy price seems good to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Jasper79 wrote: »
    Is that for 1 or 2 sets of pads ?

if for 2 sets seems good.

I had rear pads replaced on a 2008 passat for €95 this morning, indy in Blanchardstown.

Edit, see your Front and rear now, your indy price seems good to me .

For front and back.

Cheers Jasper.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

quad_red wrote: »
    For front and back.

Cheers Jasper.

yeah edited my post, price seems good to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

€230 is very expensive for a fairly run of the mill job. Go with the Indy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Fyi: Went to Treacy's in Kimmage. Fair play to the lads, it was the sensor. Didn't need to change brake pads.

Will be using them for full services from now on. Honesty means a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Grateful for a guide price here. It's a 2005 Skoda Superb 1.9 diesel. Brake pad wear light came on this morning.

Two Skoda dealers came back with €230 to supply and fit. Called indy there and they came back with €165 to supply and fit.

Are these prices reasonable for dealers/indy?

Cheers,
    Quad

at 60 euros max for front and back , 105 euros for a little overs an hours work aint bad if you can get it. id beat the indy down on the price a bit , especially over a handy job like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

hoodrats wrote: »
    at 60 euros max for front and back , 105 euros for a little overs an hours work aint bad if you can get it. id beat the indy down on the price a bit , especially over a handy job like that

But more than a hours work. Also big difference in price between oem and cheap pads.
    And cheap pads are muck. I only use ebc or brembo. Not much more and last as long but better braking

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

corkgsxr wrote: »
    But more than a hours work. Also big difference in price between oem and cheap pads.
    And cheap pads are muck. I only use ebc or brembo. Not much more and last as long but better braking

little over an hours work with correct tools. do you think that indy is going to fit oem parts? no need to splash out on ebc or brembo plenty of cheaper alternatives of good quality for everyday driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

little over an hours work with correct tools. do you think that indy is going to fit oem parts? no need to splash out on ebc or brembo plenty of cheaper alternatives of good quality for everyday driving.

EBC aren't necessarily that expensive (unless you're going with Greenstuff). I got a front set of EBC Ultimax for €55 delivered from http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/

€25 to fit them when I had tyres done so it wasn't worth getting my hands dirty. They are far better stoppers than OEM and my days cleaning brake dust off alloys every other week are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

And alot are pure muck too. I got a cheap set before And the effort it took to hold the car on a hill was surprising. I whipped them out again
    stimpson wrote: »
    EBC aren't necessarily that expensive (unless you're going with Greenstuff). I got a front set of EBC Ultimax for €55 delivered from http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/

€25 to fit them when I had tyres done so it wasn't worth getting my hands dirty. They are far better stoppers than OEM and my days cleaning brake dust off alloys every other week are gone.

Yep it's very little more, it's normally under a 5er difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

My indy charged me E60 to replace front and rear pads... He is based on long mile road, let me know if you want his number Op... Also for what it is worth, using a main dealer for an 05 makes no sense...

Advertisement