Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk 4 Gti 01314 fault code

Options
  • 02-12-2014 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Just wondering has anyone had previous history with this code and possible solution/fix.

I've checked the ecu harness and connection and all seems in order without pulling the loom apart, the car randomly goes into limp mode and throws up the epc light and traction control light.

Any advice much appreciated.

Regards Bryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Looking at ross tech it sounds like an intermittent ecu failure
    -wiring, connectors or ecu failure. I suppose check the connectors to see theirs no water in or loose and failing that a new ecu out of a breakers. If that doesn't work a new loom. Whatever is the least labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

lomb wrote: »
    Looking at ross tech it sounds like an intermittent ecu failure
    -wiring, connectors or ecu failure. I suppose check the connectors to see theirs no water in or loose and failing that a new ecu out of a breakers. If that doesn't work a new loom. Whatever is the least labour.

Cheers I've checked the connections all fine and no water, would drive me bananas pulling the loom out, it could drive fine for a week and then go into limp mode 5 times in one day which is drawing me away from the ecu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Its less likely the loom than a dodgy ecu. A loose bit of solder or a failing capacitor I assume would cause it to go into limp mode. Id get a new old ecu from a breakers car and see if that works. Do they have to be recoded with the immobiliser?

lomb wrote: »
    Its less likely the loom than a dodgy ecu. A loose bit of solder or a failing capacitor I assume would cause it to go into limp mode. Id get a new old ecu from a breakers car and see if that works. Do they have to be recoded with the immobiliser?

Yea think they have to be recoded, time to pull in a few favours I think, thanks for your help.

Got pissed off the other day and stood on the brakes hard in an industrial estate to activate the abs, no limp mode since, I'm clutching this straw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement