Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthfood shops in Dublin?

Options
  • 08-02-2005 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am new to Dublin, can anyone recommend the best organic (healthfood) stores in Dublin (the closer to city centre the better)? I eat a ristricted diet based on several medical conditions that I have and the grocery stores here do not have the products I am used to for "special" dietary needs (or at least I have yet to come across them :) )

Thank-you for any suggestions, I hope everyone is well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Every Saturday morning there's an organic market in Meetinghouse Square in Temple Bar. It is very expensive, but quite good. Get there early to avoid pie eating browsers! There's another market, a co-op, on Pearse Street. I don't have any info on it handy, but I'm sure it'll be on google!

Also, Nourish on Wexford Street and Down to Earth (I think that's the name) on George's Street are quite good.

Are there any specific you need help finding?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There is a health food shop, a small one, in the Rathmines shopping centre. Just opposite Macdonalds coincidentally.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Gordon wrote:
    There is a health food shop, a small one, in the Rathmines shopping centre. Just opposite Macdonalds coincidentally.

It's called the Hopsack. They're all very nice and helpful in there.

You could try Blazing Salads on Drury St. They have lots of speciality foods all vegetarian based. I'm sure they would also be able to point you in the right direction if they didn't have what you needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ICadvisor

Hi everyone, thank-you for your replies, I totally appreciate them!
    it know the shop you mean by the MacDonalds, I have thought the same thing before, it seems so out of place there.

Can anyone point me towards a gret vitamin/suppliment type of shop, one thing I need to find is someplace that sells Marshmallow root (either capsule or tea), is there a great herbalist in Dublin?

Thank-you, I hope everyone is well smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There is an Asian medicine shop just up from Hogans on Georges Street, or at least was about a year and a half ago. Dunno if thats any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

ICadvisor wrote:

Can anyone point me towards a gret vitamin/suppliment type of shop, one thing I need to find is someplace that sells Marshmallow root (either capsule or tea), is there a great herbalist in Dublin

As far as I know you can get it in Nature's Way. They have a shop in the Ilac Centre. Haven't a clue about good herbalists... but if you find one be sure to post about it, OK? ;)

Advertisement