Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi ingredients

Options
  • 08-02-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I want to make sushi. Most of it is not a problem.. the art to sushi though is the rice. You need either actual sushi rice or short grain rice. You also need some sushi rice vinegar.
    You can make it yourself with white vinegar and some sugar and MSG but probably not the same.

So i want to know does anyone know for a fact where you can get these items? The rest of it it like Nori (seaweed wrap), pickled ginger, wasabi paste etc can be got at Tesco.

I tried making it with long grain raice but it did not stick so while it tasted perfect, it was hard to eat since it all fell apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Asian markets, 95% sure I got such sushi rice from there once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 QC

The asian market - Drury St (I think), between Georges St and Grafton St.
    I've also found the Oriental Emporium chain good - the ones I know of are Rathmines, Georges St and at the Jervis Luas Stop (Abbey St I think).

ETA: Cheaper than Tesco as well for most stuff.

Advertisement