Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea Fowl needed

Options
  • 01-02-2005 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Where can I find guinea fowl (preferably already plucked, ready to cook) in/around Dublin?

Pretty urgent as well, unfortunately.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My butcher, Lawlors on the Upr Rathmines Rd....It's next door to Fothergills. I'm pretty sure he does guinea fowl and a few other things like that. He'll also get you wild venison if you order it. The guys in there are really helpful and friendly too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

You could also have a look in the fishmongers/game shop beside abrakebabra on Baggot Street, they do a lot of game and will at least tell you where to get it if they dont have it. Is it in season at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Don't know if in season at the moment, but I fancy it for a dinner I'm hosting Staurday night. I've got this recipe with morel mushrooms, deglazing the juices with cream, yum...

Thank you very kindly for the tips - much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Hi..

Superquinn do those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I know that you can get Morels in Temple Bar market on a Saturday, you could possibly get the Guinea Fowl there as well, the game guy normally has wigeon, pheasant and the like, not seen guinea there but it is more than possible.

• Advertisement

wideband wrote:
    Hi.. Superquinn do those

Not in Rathfarnham they don't. :(
    Blub2K4 wrote:
    Temple Bar Market
    Many thanks for that. I'll keep that as a last resort: given that I'll be hosting the dinner that night, I'd much rather find it before Saturday, to be sure / to know if I need to consider alternatives (not that I haven't already ;) ).

I've laready got Morels, cheers - I always bring a fresh supply from regular trips to France.

Lawlors was a good one, tSubh Dearg - thank you very much :)

Advertisement