Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lecturer for ACCA P7 paper

Options
  • 31-07-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Final exam left. What college lecturer would you recommend for revision only course? Would like to sit it in sept but don't know if I have enough time left to cover it!!! Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Dave O'Donoghue at Independent / Accountancy School or Shaun Browne at City Colleges

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I know it's not answering the question but you can do this alone with past papers

I did it last Dec and home studied. I used past papers and the small spiral revision notes. Also some online lectures from acca

And sept should be fine if you get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Nellsbells wrote: »
    Final exam left. What college lecturer would you recommend for revision only course? Would like to sit it in sept but don't know if I have enough time left to cover it!!! Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hard to see past Dave in Independent Colleges for this. I sat it in June for the first time with Dave and I passed it. He's an excellent lecturer but I would recommend doing the full course as opposed to just going in for revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Libby12

I am repeating P7 and looking for advice on the best lecturer in Dublin.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pickles85

I am trying to decide on my final acca option paper and I am considering doing P7. I am wondering could someone recommend a good lecturer in Dublin. I have been recommended Terence Lawless in DBS. Has anyone heard of him or gone to his lecturers and passed resently?
    This is my final paper and I want to be to finished this December. I would appreciate all advice and comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Move from Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pickles85

Zaph wrote: »
    Move from Feedback
    I'm new to this. I'm not sure how to move my post. Could you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Plus one for Dave. He makes the class as interesting as audit can be, and he has a good exam focus. Doing the homework every week, and reviewing his feedback on your answering technique, will help hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ACCA1916

I note all the plugs for independent, Just for balance, I switched from DBS to City Colleges purely for P7 Sean Browne.

The guy is mad as a brush but the key is he is a past marker of the paper and knows the ins-and outs of the examiner.

His pass rates for the paper are over 70%, I did F8 in griifith and passed simpler F8 paper by scrape at 50% but I got P7 first time through Sean's guidance, Also its worth knowing that P2 IAS's are critical to P7 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ACCA1916

Sean Browne City Colleges IMO, Dave O'Donohue is supposed to be good too but Sean is a past marker of the paper which might give him slight edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

Id second what frogstar is saying, I studied it at home too by going through the past exam papers over and over and I passed first sitting! Best of luck!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pickles85 wrote: »
    I am trying to decide on my final acca option paper and I am considering doing P7. I am wondering could someone recommend a good lecturer in Dublin. I have been recommended Terence Lawless in DBS. Has anyone heard of him or gone to his lecturers and passed resently?
    This is my final paper and I want to be to finished this December. I would appreciate all advice and comments.

Hi Pickles85,

Welcome to the Accountancy forum, hopefully you'll get the response you're looking for! In future please avoid creating duplicate threads asking the same question and always try searching first as another poster had already created the same thread as you.

Threads have now been merged.

Enjoy your stay here, any questions feel free to send me a PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Pickles85 wrote: »

I did f8 and p1 with Terence, would highly recommend him. Passed them both with high marks first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shivers80

Has anyone done P7 with in Griffith Cork with Umesh Rana, what did they think of his lectures? Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RMCBMama

There is really only one lecturer in the game here and that's Shaun Browne City Colleges. I've been to Independent Colleges with Dave O Donoghue and also had him in Griffith College and I would definately recommend Shaun (City Colleges). He is extremely focused on exam technique makes the subject fun! He is a past marker and given that his classes can be taken at the weekend and all classes are recorded so you can go over them again and again before the exam or catch up if you miss one this college wins hands down. Best lecturer in Dublin is Shaun Browne you would be mad to go elsewhere!

RMCBMama wrote: »
    There is really only one lecturer in the game here and that's Shaun Browne City Colleges. I've been to Independent Colleges with Dave O Donoghue and also had him in Griffith College and I would definately recommend Shaun (City Colleges). He is extremely focused on exam technique makes the subject fun! He is a past marker and given that his classes can be taken at the weekend and all classes are recorded so you can go over them again and again before the exam or catch up if you miss one this college wins hands down. Best lecturer in Dublin is Shaun Browne you would be mad to go elsewhere!

Thanks RMCBMama for replying back to me, Dublin is not an option for me at the moment and either is doing the lectures online. It really is only Limerick or Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

I would definitely recommend Shaun Browne for this. If you cant attend his lectures (people used to travel from down the country to attend his lectures) but if you can't attend them you they are recorded so you could do them at home in your own time.

Robin132 wrote: »
    I would definitely recommend Shaun Browne for this. If you cant attend his lectures (people used to travel from down the country to attend his lectures) but if you can't attend them you they are recorded so you could do them at home in your own time.

Thanks Robin132, but I do not have the facility to do this at the moment either so Limerick and Cork are my only options at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭barbie_j

hey guys, anyone is doing p7 in September?

barbie_j wrote: »
    hey guys, anyone is doing p7 in September?

I'm sitting the exam on Monday week.

• Advertisement

Shivers80 wrote: »
    I'm sitting the exam on Monday week.

Me too! Got 49 in June exam:(
    I don't have the latest book and didn't go to any course.. was wondering if you have any material re the "summary of changes to P7"..
    e.g. identify additional information that may be required to assist the auditor in obtaining an understanding of the entity?

I couldn't find it from my book tho, many thanks!

barbie_j wrote: »
    Me too! Got 49 in June exam:(
    I don't have the latest book and didn't go to any course.. was wondering if you have any material re the "summary of changes to P7"..
    e.g. identify additional information that may be required to assist the auditor in obtaining an understanding of the entity?

I couldn't find it from my book tho, many thanks!

I didn't go to any course either got 44% in March haven't had a chance to do much since then. The only changes I know ifrs15 and ISA701 Kam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Another one sitting P7 next week... Make sure you guys read the technical articles...two new ones have been released!

Thanks AppleBottle.

Are these the two articles your speaking about The New Audit Report and Corporate Governance and It's Impact on audit Practice?

Auditing Disclosures in Financial Statements came up in June 2016 sitting so would hardly come up again this time what do you think?

Have u any ideas on the Key Audit Matters, how it might be examined?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Sitting for the first time in September and first time doing online course for an ACCA exam so am very nervous!

Does anyone know what came up in the June sitting? Not one for guessing trends but would like to know what was examined last.

I'd say ISA701 might come up in some theory format so just gonna learn some general facts on it and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

wez99950 wrote:
    Does anyone know what came up in the June sitting? Not one for guessing trends but would like to know what was examined last.

Take a look at the examiners report to see what came up in June

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Robin132 wrote: »

The Best Lecturer is **** Browne !

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

RMCBMama wrote: »

Rolled EYES !

Shivers80 wrote: »
    Thanks AppleBottle.

Are these the two articles your speaking about The New Audit Report and Corporate Governance and It's Impact on audit Practice?

Auditing Disclosures in Financial Statements came up in June 2016 sitting so would hardly come up again this time what do you think?

Have u any ideas on the Key Audit Matters, how it might be examined?

i think there is a good chance that key audit matters may come up.. but don't blame me if it didn't .. :rolleyes:
    it could be part of the audit report modification question...

I say at least mention:
    Where is this new paragraph gonna be (after ....)
    and something specific about the issues mentioned in the case study

I have such a funny feeling about the exam on Monday... don't know why..:(

• Advertisement

another thing come to my mind is internal audit, outsourcing, and whether or not IAs can provide Direct assistance to External auditors...

Advertisement