Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yourtel - Landline Phone Service

1235»

Comments

Parents just received a debt collection letter from these gangsters today. I had contacted them last week and they admitted that they never switched over to eircom and it was their fault, and now this letter.

Are the gardai doing anything about them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 breee111

Parents just received a debt collection letter from these gangsters today. I had contacted them last week and they admitted that they never switched over to eircom and it was their fault, and now this letter.

Are the gardai doing anything about them ??

From legal advice I received this does not fall under the gardai's remit (think they'll ask you is this a criminal or civil matter and push back). Comreg was set up by the government for these kind of cases and to clear the cluttered up district court backlog. Someone in the legal profession initially suggested i take them through the district court system which would shame them most probably into settling out of court. But when i approached my local court they goes no this sort of thing is handled solely by Comreg. Not sure what the deal is if one is still unhappy after Comreg's decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 majorlynch

Very similar to breee111 above.

My mother was pestered by these jokers while my step father was dying late last year.

They convinced her or her husband to switch to them.
    Shortly after my step father died and she got his telephone line removed.
    As in PHYSICALLY removed.
    That was january this year.

She is STILL paying yourtel for rental.

Comreg got involved and managed to get the account cancelled. But she has to pay a monthly fee until the end of 2016.

I'm currently onto comreg to re-open the complaint to get the payments stopped.

But comreg haven't been great on this and my mother is elderly and has been distressed by this during the year.
    As if her husband dying wasn't enough grief.

YOURTEL ARE MONSTERS PREYING ON THE ELDERLY!

Avoid them like the plague!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

I hope Yourtel have fecked off back to the cess pool they crawled out of but it's probably wishful thinking. Reading the comments shows the damage, pain and distress they cause. Time will tell if they are still here and if they continue with their scamming.

A couple of quick points, if you are a victim do not worry about it, these people are lowest of the low and will not spend their ill gotten gains chasing people for relatively small sums. Debt collection agencies and legal advice cost a lot and they are only interested in the quick (and easy) buck. They also know they don't have much credibility as these court cases and Comreg rulings now show. It is also clear from Independent and Irish Times articles that they have been doing the same thing in other European countries and this lowers their credibility even further. Comreg is the starting point to get satisfaction but keep in mind they operate very slowly, could easily take a year or more to get due process on a complaint. Also they get a lot of their funding from Telecoms companies inc Yourtel. I would phone them, get names and followup religiously. You could also raise the issue with Eir and with any other consumer agencies or indeed with some elderly support agencies. Also consider contacting your local TD and getting them involved. Report the complaint to the Gardai and get a reference number that shows they are also aware. Finally if can afford a chat with your solicitor or if you know one then that could also help. Keep details of all calls, letters etc and I would suspect that the recording of the verbal agreement would be shaky at best and easily argued so try to obtain that from Yourtel, under threat from aforementioned solictor.

Most importantly though, do not worry, make a plan to address the issue, maybe borrow or buy a cheap mobile phone until your landline is back action. Best of luck.

Advertisement