Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 12 Tax Return

Options
  • 16-08-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I own a private property which I rent out. I receive approximately €6,000 per year in rent. I am married with one child and both myself and my husband work. The first year I filled in this form I then received a bill for about €2,000. I paid this and did not fill out a form for 2014. I have now received a letter asking me to complete a Form 12 for 2014. What can I do? For such small rent I don't want to pay tax on it?

Mods please move to accomaditon and property if it is more suitable there. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Pay your tax or sell the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

For such small rent I don't want to pay tax on it?

None of us want to pay tax but that's how our system works. Either pay tax on the rent or stop renting. You're obliged to return your 2014 tax form by 12th November 2015.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

You wont get any other advice on this forum other then to pay the tax that you owe.

dbran

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement