Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barbers Cork City

Options
  • 31-08-2015 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Any recommendations where to get a good haircut in the City Centre?
    What's the best barbers around at the moment?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Tabacso

Golden Scissors is the best I've had. But you have to get it done by Ryan, the Malaysian guy. Best haircut I've ever had, but it's hard to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Place across from tesco paul st at the corner aint bad at all atall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I find Rebels on North Main St good. Nice people & they actually listen to you as regards what sort of cut you want.

DO NOT ever go to Goodfellas Barber Shop on Dublin Hill, unless you want to be absolutely scalped. They haven't a clue. The young one in there has no idea how to use the scalping scissors, she actually left me with a bald spot on the front. It took months to fully grow back. They do way too much talking in there and pay no attention to what they're actually doing. I know I'm not the first person to have a hatchet job done on me there. My neighbour had a similar experience.

Goodfellas live up to their name, absolute butchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Musa in Daunt sq, been going to him since he was in the English Market and never had a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

grenache wrote: »
    I find Rebels on North Main St good. Nice people & they actually listen to you as regards what sort of cut you want.

DO NOT ever go to Goodfellas Barber Shop on Dublin Hill, unless you want to be absolutely scalped. They haven't a clue. The young one in there has no idea how to use the scalping scissors, she actually left me with a bald spot on the front. It took months to fully grow back. They do way too much talking in there and pay no attention to what they're actually doing. I know I'm not the first person to have a hatchet job done on me there. My neighbour had a similar experience.

Goodfellas live up to their name, absolute butchers!

I'll second this. Only been in there once but the lady cutting my hair was far more interested in asking questions about my life than actually cutting my hair, absolutely hate that. It too was a hatchet job similar to grenache's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Tabacso wrote: »
    Golden Scissors is the best I've had. But you have to get it done by Ryan, the Malaysian guy. Best haircut I've ever had, but it's hard to get him.

I'll second this. I often find when I go in there's a whole bunch of lads offering to let people skip them in the queue because they're all waiting for Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

I'll second this. I often find when I go in there's a whole bunch of lads offering to let people skip them in the queue because they're all waiting for Ryan.

In fairness, I've never got a bad haircut in there, no matter who's done it. there used to be a Polish girl called Magda who I thought was better but she just disappeared.

Footoo wrote: »
    In fairness, I've never got a bad haircut in there, no matter who's done it. there used to be a Polish girl called Magda who I thought was better but she just disappeared.

There is a Polish girl in Ali's barber in Douglas who is very good (and also very cute!), maybe that's where she is gone?

Anybody have any idea when Atlas barber's on Coburg Street re-opened and why it closed in the first place? Been there a few times and very happy the haircut every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

*bump* where's the barber of choice nowadays! Usually ventured into karizma but wouldn't mind mixing it up, tried casablanca last year wasn't that impressed! Anyone try Grafton barbers since it opened on prince's st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Motormadcork

I've been an to king d's in Blackpool a good few times, and was never disappointed. 4 or 5 staff working on a Saturday and you wouldn't be waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

The Grafton Barber on Princes Street is very good, not the cheapest but you will get a very good haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I've been using the Turkish Barber at Dennehy's X for about a year now and very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Winthrop Barbers

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement