Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Vuelta a España - Stage 10 - Valencia to Castellón *SPOILERS*

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Holy crap godtabh managed to thank my post twice!!! :eek:

360687.png

I really liked it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Tom Dumoulin
    Alot of riders are complaining on Twitter about the 5+ hour bus transfer to Andorra.

Team Sky are going in a chopper #marginalgains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Anyone else tired of eurosport UK's insistence on employing people who can't speak English to interview people who can't speak English, in English?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Alot of riders are complaining on Twitter about the 5+ hour bus transfer to Andorra.

Team Sky are going in a chopper #marginalgains!

And taking the piss out of Thomas because he is afraid to fly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Tom Dumoulin
    godtabh wrote: »
    And taking the piss out of Thomas because he is afraid to fly

https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/638403298211577857

CNwQYZeWEAEmgsc.jpg

fat bloke wrote: »
    Anyone else tired of eurosport UK's insistence on employing people who can't speak English to interview people who can't speak English, in English?

Its Eurosport. Its not English Sport!

BritishEuroSport is localised with the two boys the feeds are all centralised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I am with you on this ...Juan Antonio is a lovely guy but I haven't a clue what he is on about most of the time...He also seems to change track in the middle of a sentence

If he interviewed in Spanish and was translated it would be better. But Kirby is the usual translator and he misses most and makes stuff up when he is busy laughing or something

Tom Dumoulin
    God help anyone in the UK trying to understand Sean Kelly though.

• Advertisement

Tom Dumoulin
    Christian Knees seems to be a bit of a funny man :pac:

https://twitter.com/ChristianKnees/status/638440695204835329

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

God help anyone in the UK trying to understand Sean Kelly though.

Even harder for Americans. Although his Eurosport commentary is very popular over here. It takes people a couple of stages to develop an ear for his Carrick-on-Flanders accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

To add to what others have said, without those pesky foreigners we wouldn't have the Eurosport we have now.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    To add to what others have said, without those pesky foreigners we wouldn't have the Eurosport we have now.

This is not a xenophobia issue about foreigners and not sure why anyone is making it so ?

Its just if someone does not speak the language well is it not better that they speak their own language and are translated ...simples

Sean Kelly is speaking his mother tongue afterall ...that issue for him is accent

I wasn't implying it was. Just saying Eurosport has always been a very euro centric channel since its inception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I kinda like Eurosport's general crapness. It has hardly changed at all since the late 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Agreed. My girlfriend refuses to believe that their "WATTS" funny clips programme is not from 1992.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Tom Dumoulin
    I also kind of like that Eurosport is a tiny bit crappy and tinpot. I much prefer that to the Sky Sports style of programming. Only thing I don't really like about ES is that the scheduling can go very wrong on them, but not always their fault.

I also kind of like that Eurosport is a tiny bit crappy and tinpot. I much prefer that to the Sky Sports style of programming. Only thing I don't really like about ES is that the scheduling can go very wrong on them, but not always their fault.

I agree. I like Eurosport ..and I like ladies favourite Juan Antonio (he even has the right name) and men's favourite (Laura Messinger) ...just wish I understood what Juan was saying most of the time

I also like Ashley (he on the otherhand is very precise with his every utterance :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

godtabh wrote: »
    Its Eurosport. Its not English Sport!

BritishEuroSport is localised with the two boys the feeds are all centralised.

*nasal monotone* Well, for you for sure, is berry success two-day

Christ almighty, there's only so long you can listen to that. In fact did anyone hear the bit they did on disk brakes? Potentially very interesting, but I was honestly mouth agape looking at the tv trying to figure out what the fcuk they were talking about. :rolleyes: Sean Kelly is Shakespearean by comparison.

Maybe it's because I communicate daily with people from all over the world on teleconferences etc and my ears have become accustomed to accents from every corner of the planet, and country, but it's not something I've ever thought of being an issue. That, and the fact that it's just what I expect from Eurosport since the late 80s, early 90s, whenever it started.

• Advertisement
Advertisement