Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork folk! Help a Dublin lass?

Options
  • 29-08-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I was thinking of booking two nights at a hotel in Cork for my other half's birthday but just wanted to ask...

Can someone recommend a hotel right in the middle of the city centre?
    Not into hotels out in the sticks or a distance from the nightlife.

I could look on TripAdvisor but I've no idea what's good or where places are; I've never been to Cork in my life.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I was thinking of booking two nights at a hotel in Cork for my other half's birthday but just wanted to ask...

Can someone recommend a hotel right in the middle of the city centre?
    Not into hotels out in the sticks or a distance from the nightlife.

I could look on TripAdvisor but I've no idea what's good or where places are; I've never been to Cork in my life.

Thank you!

The Imperial is very central. Cork isn't big to walk around at night if you're sticking to the main pubs/clubs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The clarion is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

The river Lee hotel
    Jury's Inn is cheap
    The imperial
    The metropole
    The clarion

That's about it city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Clarion (4*), Jurys (3*) and Imperial (4*) are Smack bang middle.
    Metropole (3*) and River Lee (4*) and just outside the smack bang middle but still very central.

I'd pick The Imperial if you're into traditional elegance. River Lee if you're into modern elegance. The others are pretty standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Ooh thanks everyone, that's fab!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,156 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lancaster Lodge is another one, not bang in the centre but is close to everything.

Advertisement