Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to camping

Options
  • 15-02-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I am new to caravaning, and looking for an answer to the following.

The drain basin in the shower ( toilet) is come away from the floor, can this be easily be repaired, the floor otherwise is in good shape, but I cannot use the shower (wasn't planning on using it anyway) because the water could get into the floor and rot it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Sounds fairly straightforward. Probably just need to reaffix it and seal - 10 minute job for a plumber I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciaroca

Thank you Betsy Og do you know anything about carver gas heaters, I can't get it to light, I am not getting any ignition, I have tried for ages to get it to work without success, the gas is ok as the cooker works and there is no isolation switch for the heater I know it has to be in a certain point to allow gas to get through but I cannot seem to get it right the leisure battery is also connected, it is a carver fan master 3000s

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

those heaters can be very finnicky. Try taking the front off it (usually just lift up and angle out). Then you can see what should attach to what. I recall on a heater we had that the bar attaching to the controls regularly worked itself free and had to be reattached.

Can you light it with own ignition?? (i.e. a match or cigarette lighter?)

Overall it sounds like a service wouldnt go astray, sort out all those small things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciaroca

I took the front off all seems ok, I cannot light it with a match, I reckon I will have to get it serviced and a crash course on the operating systems.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement