Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I dont think its fanciful to say we could have been better placed if our bench options this season were Vela and Bendtner instead of {Park and Chamakh. RvP has looked jaded for the last few games, and how much game time have our 2 replacements got? About 10 minutes. Its a joke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

jmayo wrote: »
    Jaysus after watching highlights last night of Sunderland where McClean setup Bendyboots for gilt edge chance he put it over the bar.
    For the height of him he should be dominating the box and smashing in headers for fun.

I know he was played on the wing but even when he does have a chance I don't think he is clinical enough.

I've a ten yr old who's still scared from the game he missed six gilt edged chances. If he could score with his mouth he'd be on 30 a season for sure.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He didn't exactly work wonders at West Brom either. I don't think he even managed to make himself first choice there, no offence to West Brom, but what chance has he got at Arsenal then?

Id agree. Going by his whole body language he never really settled in England. Extremely skillful player if only he could have adjusted to the physicality of the EPL. I felt had he gone to Bolton last year it could have benefitted him more then WBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

RVP is PFA player of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

iMuse wrote: »
    RVP is PFA player of the year :D
    Wasn't really any doubt was there :P

• Advertisement

Lads how the feck have them yids got a forum "Spurs supporter club" and we don't? How do we go about getting one? Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads how the feck have them yids got a forum "Spurs supporter club" and we don't? How do we go about getting one? Haha.

You do know that term you used is very offensive to some and is considered racist?

You do know that term you used is very offensive to some and is considered racist?

Ah sure they be grand in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Oh will you shut up! Spurs supporters often refer to themselves as the yid army, just do a google search on "yid army" and you'll see just how offended Tottenham fans are by the term. There's even a Spurs supporting poster here called KingdomYid. While once upon a time it was used in an offensive way, the response from Tottenham fans was to adopt the term as their own, much like Arsenal fans started to refer to themselves as Gooners after that word being used to mock them for years. (And yeah, I'm fully aware that the origins of the word "yid" are more controversial than the origins of the word gooner)

jordainius wrote: »
    Oh will you shut up! Spurs supporters often refer to themselves as the yid army, just do a google search on "yid army" and you'll see just how offended Tottenham fans are by the term. There's even a Spurs supporting poster here called KingdomYid. While once upon a time it was used in an offensive way, the response from Tottenham fans was to adopt the term as their own, much like Arsenal fans started to refer to themselves as Gooners after that word being used to mock them for years. (And yeah, I'm fully aware that the origins of the word "yid" are more controversial than the origins of the word gooner)

Exactly this :pac: I'd put up an argument about it but didn't want to give him the satisfaction of getting a rise out of it haha he's a Chelsea fan too I think :pac: No harm intended by the way :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

keano_afc wrote: »
    I dont think its fanciful to say we could have been better placed if our bench options this season were Vela and Bendtner instead of {Park and Chamakh. RvP has looked jaded for the last few games, and how much game time have our 2 replacements got? About 10 minutes. Its a joke really.

That's down to Wenger too tbf. Look at the games again Blackburn, Wigan, WBA earlier in the season. Those games were won with 20 minutes to spare but instead of giving Chamakh/Park a run out to try see if they could get some form going RVP plays the full 90. Idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Redzer7 wrote: »

We do have one.I think Quazzie set it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Frisbee wrote: »
    That's down to Wenger too tbf. Look at the games again Blackburn, Wigan, WBA earlier in the season. Those games were won with 20 minutes to spare but instead of giving Chamakh/Park a run out to try see if they could get some form going RVP plays the full 90. Idiotic.

Yup, and its starting to show in RVPs performances tbh. He needed a 90mins off here and there or at the very least coming off versus Wolves for example after 60mins.

Arsene has really dropped the ball on that one I feel, Chamakh and Park get a rough ride off most supporters who dismiss them as crap when in reality they just haven't had any game time. Very harsh on the two players imo and terrible man management from Wenger. It'd deter any second strikers from coming to the club if thats the way they'll be treated tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

cson wrote: »
    Yup, and its starting to show in RVPs performances tbh. He needed a 90mins off here and there or at the very least coming off versus Wolves for example after 60mins.

Arsene has really dropped the ball on that one I feel, Chamakh and Park get a rough ride off most supporters who dismiss them as crap when in reality they just haven't had any game time. Very harsh on the two players imo and terrible man management from Wenger. It'd deter any second strikers from coming to the club if thats the way they'll be treated tbh.

Neither player has done anything to warrant game time IMO.

Plus, van Persie is the captain, I doubt he ever wants to come off or miss games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

How can they do anything to warrant game time when they don't get games?

The captaincy thing should be a non-issue, we've more than enough leaders in that squad imo. Vermaelen, Rosicky and Sagna are all more than capable experienced leaders.

RVP is burnt out. There I said it. Tried to force everything against Chelsea. He must be on for his record number of matches played in a season this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Plus, van Persie is the captain, I doubt he ever wants to come off or miss games.

That's irrelevant tbh. It's great he wants to play every game. But he's our most important player and he's starting to go missing at a vital stage of the season because he's exhausted. Having Bendtner at the club and allowing RVP to sit out, come off or even start some games on the bench would mean he's much fresher.

We do have one.I think Quazzie set it up.

Ah but that's only a group, we get no notifications or anything hence why nobody posts in it :pac: We should have one like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ah but then everyone would want one. Far easier solution would be to close the Spurs one down :D

greendom wrote: »
    Ah but then every
    one would want one. Far easier solution would be to close the Spurs one down :D
    Even their charter písses me off
    Arsenal fans are not welcome on this forum. Do not post here, you will be banned without warning.

That is all.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The cheek. I suppose we should leave them to it. They're in enough pain at the moment without us making it worse.

• Advertisement

Inferiority Complex, you've got to pity them, they are **** afterall.

I don't care about their pain! After starting threads like this, they deserve the karma they are currently being served!

Two quotes in the "The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)" thread (Whoops, forgot to include 5th/6th in that thread title lads:D)
    THFC wrote: »
    3rd, provided Arsenal finished at best 4th, all the livelong day.
    Nothing to be sad about. 3rd means we beat arsenal. That's more important than the cup. Hell I'd take 5th if they were 6th
    Obsessed with us. It's so pathetic! Apparently, finishing ahead of Arsenal was more important than winning the FA cup. And so many posts in that thread refer to Arsenal!! Its ridiculous!

If Arsenal finish ahead of them in end I look forward to getting myself swiftly banned from the Spurs Supporters Club forum:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Someone should tell Spurs supporters

It's a disease of the club, the English Spurs fans are exactly the same as the Irish Spurs fans, constantly obsessed with Arsenal, pretend to be fair fans, but always drop a dig whenever possible.
    They have the right manager anyway.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Someone should tell Spurs supporters

That's like saying it's ok to call a black man a ni**er cos they call themselves that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

amiable wrote: »
    That's like saying it's ok to call a black man a ni**er cos they call themselves that

No it's not. Stop being stupid. If you saw me using the term myself then maybe you might have a point but I never have.

I simply stated the fact that quite a few of them use the term. How that equates to what you suggest is beyond me.

No, totally different. You've heard of this thing called "context" haven't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »
    The cheek. I suppose we should leave them to it. They're in enough pain at the moment without us making it worse.

What annoys me is that there's a thread in here for Spurs gossip/transfer talk etc. Is there own forum not enough? Its almost like they're trying to convince us they're a big club.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    No it's not. Stop being stupid. If you saw me using the term myself then maybe you might have a point but I never have.

I simply stated the fact that quite a few of them use the term. How that equates to what you suggest is beyond me.

using which term? Yid is an offensive term.

Just because Spurs fans sing it doesn't make it ok

• Advertisement

using which term? Yid is an offensive term.

Just because Spurs fans sing it doesn't make it ok

It's not offensive. You're choosing to be offended. Good luck with that :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement