Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troublesome daughter

Options
  • 24-05-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

We have a 15 year old daughter. Recently she has become very troublesome and is defying us constantly. Myself and my husband are now arguing about how to deal with her. Two weeks ago she announced she was going to a school disco. She said all her friends were going. We asked her what she intended to wear and she said that she would be wearing jeans. She said that she would get a lift from her friends mother who would collect her.
    I checked her bedroom the day before the disco and found a small skirt we hadn't seen before. I said nothing but when she was at the disco I checked again and the skirt was missing. I told my husband who immediately drove to the disco and wentin. thereshe was inside wearing the skirt and looking like a tramp. He immediately grabbed her and brought her home. When they got home we both told her how disappointed we were at her behaviour. In addition to looking like a tramp she had lied to us and been deceitful. My husband took her to the bedroom and gave her a good hiding.
    Since they she has become very distant and says nothing and looks at the floor all of the time and answers questions with a one word answer.
    I think she is doing this deliberately to annoy us and she should be punished. My husband does not agree but then he is not at home with her as much as I am. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The main issue here is that it appears your husband has physically abused your daughter. That is totally unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

This has to be a wind up :(

Physical violence solves nothing

I'm just speechless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

We have a 15 year old daughter. Recently she has become very troublesome and is defying us constantly. Myself and my husband are now arguing about how to deal with her. Two weeks ago she announced she was going to a school disco. She said all her friends were going. We asked her what she intended to wear and she said that she would be wearing jeans. She said that she would get a lift from her friends mother who would collect her.
    I checked her bedroom the day before the disco and found a small skirt we hadn't seen before. I said nothing but when she was at the disco I checked again and the skirt was missing. I told my husband who immediately drove to the disco and wentin. thereshe was inside wearing the skirt and looking like a tramp. He immediately grabbed her and brought her home. When they got home we both told her how disappointed we were at her behaviour. In addition to looking like a tramp she had lied to us and been deceitful. My husband took her to the bedroom and gave her a good hiding.
    Since they she has become very distant and says nothing and looks at the floor all of the time and answers questions with a one word answer.
    I think she is doing this deliberately to annoy us and she should be punished. My husband does not agree but then he is not at home with her as much as I am. I don't know what to do.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

has to be a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MadelineX

masti123 wrote: »
    has to be a troll?

Definitely!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement