Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Medicine Budapest Student Life

Options
  • 05-11-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All , I am hoping to study veterinary medicine in Budapest (svent istan university) next year and have started my application , I'm a sporty person and I just want to know does anyone know if they have any clubs or societies (I love martial arts in particular judo /karate) or a decent gym with like organised classes. The website is not great for info so any info you have would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I have a cousin there, and I can promise you that the stress, pressure and workload is 1000 times more than that of UCD. You will have no time for a social life, gym or martial arts. The failure rate is 85% and the dropout rate is almost as high.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Firefly1950

infoplease wrote: »
    Hi All , I am hoping to study veterinary medicine in Budapest (svent istan university) next year and have started my application , I'm a sporty person and I just want to know does anyone know if they have any clubs or societies (I love martial arts in particular judo /karate) or a decent gym with like organised classes. The website is not great for info so any info you have would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Hey,
    There are no clubs or socs like unis at home. It's very much academia based. However there are clubs outside of uni. I know one of the lads does MMA. There are gyms that do different classes, crossfit etc etc. Not quite sure of names but I can find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Firefly1950

Hey,
    There are no clubs or socs like unis at home. It's very much academia based. However there are clubs outside of uni. I know one of the lads does MMA. There are gyms that do different classes, crossfit etc etc. Not quite sure of names but I can find out!

Also, let me clarify the above is not true! I have finished 5 years at szent istvan. I am very much of the work hard play harder mentality. I played basketball twice a week and went to the gym most days. People only fail if they've not worked hard enough or haven't the brain capacity in the first place.

Advertisement