Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ming to tell all about avoiding justice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

claptrap wrote: »
    What doesn't cause cancer these days???
    Not much admittedly, I'll grant you that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So if everything or most things cause cancer, then it equals that all of these things are harmless??? wtf kind of reasoning is that?
    Never said his crimes were okay. Just that they are minor compared to others
    so what's your point. We should all just forget about the hypocritical corruption he has portrayed because somebody in another place on the island murdered someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Thargor wrote: »
    you're clearly a plant with some connection to his organisation on some pathethic attempt at damage control with that postcount and join date...

:pac: the post count and join date, always a clear sign. paranoid perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Just a few examples of the claptrap:
    Smoking weed is harmless
    Ever heard of cancer? I've tried weed myself, more than once but then I realised what a loser's game it was and stopped
    Yes, it is weird to just call it harmless and not mention the positive effects. Like cancer as you say, studies show it can slow the spread of breast cancer. It also kills off brain cancer cells. And it helps with nausea & appetite in many cancer patients undergoing various treatments.

Some were concerned about lung cancer, a study showed on its own this is not an issue. But if you mix it with the most addictive substance known to science, tobacco/nicotine of course there is a strong risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Come in Ming,your dinner is poured out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

A crime is a crime, when you take the moral high ground like Ming did then everything is a crime, hypocrisy is the biggest crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, it is weird to just call it harmless and not mention the positive effects. Like cancer as you say, studies show it can slow the spread of breast cancer. It also kills off brain cancer cells. And it helps with nausea & appetite in many cancer patients undergoing various treatments.
    Ah, science. Well as you know, it's all about the active ingredients. The anti-cancer effects are as a result of active ingredients. Potentially the safest and most potent way to make use of those actives is to purify them, thus removing the other unnecessary components of weed. I've no problem with medical uses of cannabinoids at all and in fact they have been shown to be effective in pain too.

As for 'if you mix it with the most addictive substance known to science', well that's precisely what the majority of cannabis users do and as such the cancer risk is high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 claptrap

HondaSami wrote: »
    A crime is a crime, when you take the moral high ground like Ming did then everything is a crime, hypocrisy is the biggest crime.
    Once again. Never said his crimes were okay. Just that they are minor compared to others
    Personally I don't think hypocrisy is the biggest crime but that's just me. To clarify. i think its bad, very bad! Just not the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What a dirty rat. Trying to get out of trouble by getting someone else into trouble :mad:
    Once again. Never said his crimes were okay. Just that they are minor compared to others
    Personally I don't think hypocrisy is the biggest crime but that's just me. To clarify. i think its bad, very bad! Just not the worst.

If he does have to resign over this, he should bring everyone involved with him

There were no calls for the resignation of the Judges and others in high positions who also got penalty points quashed, why not??

There needs to be a round of naming and shaming. This corruption is ingrained at all levels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

Boombastic wrote: »
    If he does have to resign over this, he should bring everyone involved with him

There were no calls for the resignation of the Judges and others in high positions who also got penalty points quashed, why not??

There needs to be a round of naming and shaming. This corruption is ingrained at all levels.

he hasn't a notion of resigning over this!! anyone would think he was dealing with known illegal promissory notes and changing them into more "legal" bonds and ruining the country or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The main thing is, if you're going to point fingers, and give out about something, be damn sure that you're spotless.

Noone will resign over this. They never do here. And we will continue to vote for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't think he will resign over this but he has been exposed for what he is, a self serving hypocrite. He display on Vincent Browne was actually hard to watch it was so shameful. I doubt he will get reelected, but you never know. The electorate in this country are mostly fickle minded and petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

What a performance by Ming on Vincent Browne last night. He possibly thought he was being incredibly brave going on the show, but he was incredibly stupid. Havent heard anything as laughable in a long time. His argument was akin to a burglar pleading innocent by saying the resident left his door unlocked so it was their fault that all their stuff is missing!

Ming is like most people in the Dail on either the government or opposition benches. Loves nothing more than having an audience and getting plenty of opportunity to bray loudly at anyone that will listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭schmanga

all those who had points quashed are having a good laugh today. by becoming the story he set out to highlight ming has made himself the poster boy for the corruption he mentioned around the time of that guards funeral. difficult to see him coming back from this as the association once made is hard to undo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Reminds me of this TBH.

A man asks a girl if she will sleep with him for a million dollars. Of course, she says yes.

He then offers her two dollars and she slaps his face, saying, "What do you think I am?"

He answers, "I know what you are. Now we are just haggling over the price.’"

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    Reminds me of this TBH.

A man asks a girl if she will sleep with him for a million dollars. Of course, she says yes.

He then offers her two dollars and she slaps his face, saying, "What do you think I am?"

He answers, "I know what you are. Now we are just haggling over the price.’"
    Amusing but I don't get your point.

schmanga wrote: »
    all those who had points quashed are having a good laugh today. by becoming the story he set out to highlight ming has made himself the poster boy for the corruption he mentioned around the time of that guards funeral. difficult to see him coming back from this as the association once made is hard to undo

If he did resign, he might set a precidence for TD's to resign when they get caught out. If he did, he could suceed in what he said he wanted to do. But he won't. They never do.

Everyone has a price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If your a crooked politician, you're a crooked politician.

I don't agree with your worldview where there is a some sort of corruption threshold, underneath which wrongdoing by our public representatives is perfectly acceptable.

marco_polo wrote: »
    If your a crooked politician, you're a crooked politician.

I don't agree with your worldview where there is a some sort of corruption threshold, underneath which wrongdoing by our public representatives is perfectly acceptable.
    Never said "there is a some sort of corruption threshold, underneath which wrongdoing by our public representatives is perfectly acceptable." You should seriously stop twisting peoples words!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Ming would remind you of some little rat that was in your class in school. When they got in trouble they'd try and hang someone else to save themselves. Like cowardly ming trying to rat out another politician who made him do it. What a sneaky, spineless little rat. Wonder why anyone would sell him weed when he'd shop them the first chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

If anyone here abhors the political history and culture of this country, where nudges and winks were exchanged and favours are done, and they don't believe this charlatan should resign then they are completely wrong.

Ming should resign. That punishment fits the crime here. It doesn't matter how small that crime was (relatively speaking). Separate the scale of the crime from the actual act. He abused his position by using it (his position as an elected official) to circumvent the law of the land. The hypocrisy bit just makes it even worse but is incidental.

The fact other people did worse and got away with it means nothing - if that's the country we want then we'll forever have the "who you know" culture and never move forward.

Advertisement