Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shameless people on the bus

• 09-03-2013 6:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Was coming back from town
    sitting upstairs
    bus was packed but I got my own seat:cool:
    A woman was sitting in front of me

This sumo wrestler looking dude sits beside her almost crushing
    I think he was just in the gym and kept wiping his forehead and biting his nails for 20 minutes straight.
    I cant smell but she instantly opened the window.

I dont know about you but I just couldnt be this disgusting in public... honestly if he had pooped on the seat it wouldve been less disgusting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »
    sitting upstairs

I think he was just in the gym and kept wiping his forehead and biting his nails for 20 minutes straight.

I dont know about you but I just couldnt be this disgusting in public... honestly if he had pooped on the seat it wouldve been less disgusting.

So even though the man did nothing that affected you in any way you come on here giving out about him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

So even though the man did nothing that affected you in any way you come on here giving out about him.

OBVIOUSLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

OBVIOUSLY

Well if you had a problem with him why not say it to his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

You can't smell?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I was getting the bus home from town about 8 o'clock one evening with a few friends, we went upstairs, completely empty so we sat down the back. Some young wan no older than 15 and seeming a little out of it gets on and comes straight down the back to us, I was sitting in the middle so she just stops in front of me and very aggressively says "eh would ya move?" So I move my leg and she shoves her way by and sits in the corner and to start getting sick. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

IceFjoem wrote: »
    You can't smell?!

Maybe the smell was coming from you and not him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Welcome to AH!

IceFjoem wrote: »
    You can't smell?!

never have... assume its like tasting without texture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

never have... assume its like tasting without texture

They are both connected, you're ability to taste is probably hindered by the fact that you can't smell.

I don't know if that makes any sense, I'm getting sick as I type this.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Thought you couldn't taste either if you had no sense of smell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Faze11 wrote: »
    Thought you couldn't taste either if you had no sense of smell

IF you're a snake !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

No way am I the only one who thought this was going to be about some couple doing it on the back row. Misuse of the word "shameless" OP.

Mr Fatnsweaty was probably morto on the inside, not that I care, I wanted tales of depravity on the top deck of the Number 42.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got on a bus yesterday and there was a guy downstairs who smelled of sly ****. He was stinking the bottom deck out. I went upstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

KTRIC wrote: »
    IF you're a snake !!!
    or a smoker!

Dwork wrote: »
    No way am I the only one who thought this was going to be about some couple doing it on the back row. Misuse of the word "shameless" OP.

Mr Fatnsweaty was probably morto on the inside, not that I care, I wanted tales of depravity on the top deck of the Number 42.

why the posh bus>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I got on a bus yesterday and there was a guy downstairs who smelled of sly ****. He was stinking the bottom deck out. I went upstairs.

Thought you would have at least said hello to me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

If you have sunk low enough to use the peasant chariot you are hardly gonna worry about personal hygiene. Remember bus users are the dregs of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I got on a bus once and some dude had his bag on the seat beside him. When I asked him to move it, he pulls out two bus tickets saying he has paid for an extra seat for his bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

gallag wrote: »
    If you have sunk low enough to use the peasant chariot you are hardly gonna worry about personal hygiene. Remember bus users are the dregs of society.
    Hello, Maggie.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

In the words of the Fatima Mansions:

'Only Losers Take The Bus'

• Advertisement

I had crucified my slaves so had no litter bearers to bring me to market

why the posh bus>?
    Posh people are way more fun when they are being depraved. Usually, they can afford to make a better effort/wear nicer underwear/have straighter teeth. Sadly, it's a bus. Bus and posh do not go in the same breath. Unless it has rooms that emerge hydraulically from its side, tinted windows and acts as the daytime accomodation for some lesser rock god or goddess. Or a VW logo on the front and drop-down bunks for Jemima and Astrid to get jiggy on.

"Getting the bus" immediatly implies that you may well have mild B.O, poor fashion sense, a failure to grasp the concept of "life is short" and enjoy British soap operas and endless singing competitions. I would rather travvel around using wooden rollers while being towed with a fish-hook through my left testicle, reeled along by an angler from Trim called Norman..

Esel wrote: »
    Hello, Maggie.
    I just don't understand why people cant just have a few cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I just don't understand why people cant just rob a few cars?
    FYP. Maggie.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

On the 145 one day, A Down Syndrome guy was picking his nose, people beside him were retching it was that bad what was coming out.

Anyway he picked out this snot, and oh my god it was huge, like the size of a 2 euro coin, (that's big for a snot) he tried to shake it off but the snot was having none of it.

He then flicked!! And it went straight into the woman in fronts hair. She didn't notice and everyone was laughing whilst still retching and n one told her.

The guy knew everyone was looking and just turned around and looked at everyone behind with exactly this face.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=NvM_wKdx7ZhC2M&tbnid=-1rYJtlruuRB8M:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactionface.info%2Fface%2Ftroll-face&ei=VPw6UcXiBaPB7Ab7jIGQDQ&psig=AFQjCNEPDgIXDTyLfL_Z73l0lm9tmE7jOw&ust=1362906580175737

Obviously i know he's not all there and that's sad but still was the funniest bus trip i ever took.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

9959 wrote: »
    In the words of the Fatima Mansions:

'Only Losers Take The Bus'

Or, in the words of Jay from Inbetweeners:
    BUS **** !

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    On the 145 one day, A Down Syndrome guy was picking his nose, people beside him were retching it was that bad what was coming out.

Anyway he picked out this snot, and oh my god it was huge, like the size of a 2 euro coin, (that's big for a snot) he tried to shake it off but the snot was having none of it.

He then flicked!! And it went straight into the woman in fronts hair. She didn't notice and everyone was laughing whilst still retching and n one told her.

The guy knew everyone was looking and just turned around and looked at everyone behind with exactly this face.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=NvM_wKdx7ZhC2M&tbnid=-1rYJtlruuRB8M:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactionface.info%2Fface%2Ftroll-face&ei=VPw6UcXiBaPB7Ab7jIGQDQ&psig=AFQjCNEPDgIXDTyLfL_Z73l0lm9tmE7jOw&ust=1362906580175737

Obviously i know he's not all there and that's sad but still was the funniest bus trip i ever took.
    Probably an every day occurrence for bus dwellers. I suppose they need to get to the job centre/maternity ward some how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Dwork wrote: »
    Posh people are way more fun when they are being depraved. Usually, they can afford to make a better effort/wear nicer underwear/have straighter teeth. Sadly, it's a bus. Bus and posh do not go in the same breath. Unless it has rooms that emerge hydraulically from its side, tinted windows and acts as the daytime accomodation for some lesser rock god or goddess. Or a VW logo on the front and drop-down bunks for Jemima and Astrid to get jiggy on.

"Getting the bus" immediatly implies that you may well have mild B.O, poor fashion sense, a failure to grasp the concept of "life is short" and enjoy British soap operas and endless singing competitions. I would rather travvel around using wooden rollers while being towed with a fish-hook through my left testicle, reeled along by an angler from Trim called Norman..

You try way too hard PotWork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

They are both connected, you're ability to taste is probably hindered by the fact that you can't smell.

I don't know if that makes any sense, I'm getting sick as I type this.

Need someone to hold your hair back?!

1000 posts, go me! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Noo wrote: »
    I was getting the bus home from town about 8 o'clock one evening with a few friends, we went upstairs, completely empty so we sat down the back. Some young wan no older than 15 and seeming a little out of it gets on and comes straight down the back to us, I was sitting in the middle so she just stops in front of me and very aggressively says "eh would ya move?" So I move my leg and she shoves her way by and sits in the corner and to start getting sick. Lovely.

You should have kicked her in the fanny. It's not women's day anymore you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

keith16 wrote: »
    I got on a bus once and some dude had his bag on the seat beside him. When I asked him to move it, he pulls out two bus tickets saying he has paid for an extra seat for his bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i got on a bus once and there was fellow passengers on it, the bloody cheek of people these days

You try way too hard PotWork
    I do in me Ducks hoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

sitting upstairs

I smell a rat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTRyjMnDOk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I have to get the bus twice a day :( I have too many stories to write down :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I have to get the bus twice a day :( I have too many stories to write down :/

Hopefully they're as riveting as the OP's "I saw a fat guy on the bus. How dare he be fat in public?!" Story

Sofaspud wrote: »

Hopefully they're as riveting as the OP's "I saw a fat guy on the bus. How dare he be fat in public?!" Story

In fairness, fat people on the bus are rotten. They take up way too much of an already cramped space. Breathing my oxygen and whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I never get the bus too many weirdos and smelly people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

My mate swears blind him and his girlfriend conceived their eldest child on a bus.
    I don't believe a word he says at the best of times , but when the kid was christened 17A................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Was on the bus into town one evening and went upstairs and sat half way back. There were these 3 scumbags up there, 2 girls and a guy. They spent the whole time on the phone arranging to pick up drugs although they seemed far enough gone already!

Then the overweight more aggressive of the 2 girls started talking about how she was just out of prison and she was the only one in there with a mobile phone. Then she demonstrated to her friends and anyone else who was unlucky enough to be sitting near by how she inserted the phone in by crouching down in the isle.

By the time we hit dawson street it was just these 3 me and the driver still on the bus, everyone else had bolted, even those downstairs!!

• Advertisement

seklly wrote: »
    Was on the bus into town one evening and went upstairs and sat half way back. There were these 3 scumbags up there, 2 girls and a guy. They spent the whole time on the phone arranging to pick up drugs although they seemed far enough gone already!

Then the overweight more aggressive of the 2 girls started talking about how she was just out of prison and she was the only one in there with a mobile phone. Then she demonstrated to her friends and anyone else who was unlucky enough to be sitting near by how she inserted the phone in by crouching down in the isle.

By the time we hit dawson street it was just these 3 me and the driver still on the bus, everyone else had bolted, even those downstairs!!

Did she actually put the phone in?

Did she actually put the phone in?

and you shoulda seen where she stuck the charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I once sat on a train facing someone who kept picking their ear, looking at the wax and then wiping it under the table. This went on for about an hour but it seemed like an eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Am I the only one who regularly uses public transport and doesn't experience very many of these things? I think some people are telling porkie pies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

OneArt wrote: »
    Am I the only one who regularly uses public transport and doesn't experience very many of these things? I think some people are telling porkie pies...

Nah I sort of agree with you, I've always used to peasant wagon and I've never had any problems. Seen one or two weird things but nothing like the stuff that gets reported here. There is some buses though from my area that are well known. When we were kids I'd get the bus from school and down the back junkies had no problem smoking or injecting heroin. No one needs to see that crap never mind a kid.

OneArt wrote: »

You must get the 11 or 16 or something. Quietest buses in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Does anybody else know of that auld fella, who generally gets on the 145 at Heuston of a Sunday night and gets off at Donnybrook? He's always shouting a load of mad stuff, says he was a teacher in a Jesuit college and used to lecture in rhetoric?
    He's not crazy, just always drunk. He often wears a hat.He sat beside me one evening going back home. He was educating me about the birds and the bees (I didn't ask, he just started talking at me). He was saying 'A good woman should be loyal to her husband . . . no, no ''loyal'' isn't the right word, a good woman should be obedient . . .'

Has alot to say about abortion and gay marriage. He always has everyone on the bus in stitches with his barely coherent ramblings. Does anyone else know who the fella I'm talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

About a week ago was comin home on the bus around 4pm. Some people from the underclass were at the back upstairs yammering away having arguments with relatives on phones etc. singing along to music. At this point I was kinda enjoying their 'who cares' attitude to life.

They had been drinking and took out more cans. They opened one and poured it straight on the floor because one of them had 'done it before. It was deadly'. So there's beer beginning to stink up the place. After a while of drinking one girl pipes up 'neeh go toileh, oi'm borstin'. Then her friend pipes up 'she just had twins a two days ago'. 'Oi won't hold it in'.

Then by the ears of the lord the sound of someone unzipping and fumbling followed by her just pissing on a bus in broad daylight. I was too afraid to look. Off I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

On a train from limerick some years ago, a man from the Indian sub continent Sat beside me. He proceeded to pick scabs from his scalp. By the time we got to Dublin the floor resembled the production line in a crisp factory.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Does anybody else know of that auld fella, who generally gets on the 145 at Heuston of a Sunday night and gets off at Donnybrook? He's always shouting a load of mad stuff, says he was a teacher in a Jesuit college and used to lecture in rhetoric?
    He's not crazy, just always drunk. He often wears a hat.He sat beside me one evening going back home. He was educating me about the birds and the bees (I didn't ask, he just started talking at me). He was saying 'A good woman should be loyal to her husband . . . no, no ''loyal'' isn't the right word, a good woman should be obedient . . .'

Has alot to say about abortion and gay marriage. He always has everyone on the bus in stitches with his barely coherent ramblings. Does anyone else know who the fella I'm talking about?

What type of hat ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement