Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House price next door for property tax

Options
  • 13-03-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I hope I am in the right section, but yesterday on coming Home I seen a person put a "for sale sign" in the next door house, which was repossed by the bank, its been empty over three years now so here is where I get mad, the Revenue have put a value on my home in the 100.000 to 150.000 bracket.The tax due will be € 112. I spoke to the lads fitting the sign and the price of the next door house will go for €90.000, but they will except € 80.000 for a quick sale. I bought my house in 2006 for € 274.000, now where do I stand in my value on my home. I have down loaded every house that was sold in my estate since 2006 and the prices they have sold for, the price just keep's going down and down, so how in the name of God can I value this house and if I under value now, what will I expect in the future as a Tax bill for my under valuation.:confused::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Accommodation & Property would be a better bet for proper advice. You'll probably just get the piss taken out of your lack of punctuation here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

LOOK AT THE LACK OF PUNCTUATION ON YOUR POST. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Accommodation & Property would be a better bet for proper advice. You'll probably just get the piss taken out of your lack of punctuation here.

People wouldn't give a hoot about Tawny Owl's punctuation here.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

definitely the wrong forum. for example, my suggestion is burn your house for the insurance before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    I hope I am in the right section but yeaterday on coming Home I seen a person put a FOR SALE sign in the next door house which was repossed by the bank its been empty over three years now here is where I get mad the Revenue have put a value on my home in the 100.000 to 150.000 € 112 tax I spoke to the lads fitting the sign the price of the next door €90.000 but will except € 80.000 for quick sale I bought my house in 2006 for € 274.000 now where do I stand in my value I have down loaded every house that was sold since 2006 in my estate and the prices they have sold for they just keep going down and down how in the name of God can I value this house of mine and if I under value now what will I expect in the future a Tax bill for my under valuation:confused::mad::mad::mad:
    That was a long sentence. Oh, and thinly veiled "I have an expensive house" and house piracy. Don't download those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Based on your location, I hope you are paying the Bear Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

I see that already :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    I hope I am in the right section but yeaterday on coming Home I seen a person put a FOR SALE sign in the next door house which was repossed by the bank its been empty over three years now here is where I get mad the Revenue have put a value on my home in the 100.000 to 150.000 € 112 tax I spoke to the lads fitting the sign the price of the next door €90.000 but will except € 80.000 for quick sale I bought my house in 2006 for € 274.000 now where do I stand in my value I have down loaded every house that was sold since 2006 in my estate and the prices they have sold for they just keep going down and down how in the name of God can I value this house of mine and if I under value now what will I expect in the future a Tax bill for my under valuation:confused::mad::mad::mad:

I felt like 1 of the tongue twister twins from Bosco trying to read that

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If the house next door to you sells for €90K, then value your house at that for the Property Tax. The Revenue assessment is a guidance not a requirement and you can use your own valuation instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

The revenue website just gives suggested valuations. It doesn't even take into account house size, relax!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Hypothetical question: My house is currently in bits so it's not really worth much. If I fix it up next year, thus increasing the house's value, do I have to declare this? Would I get in trouble if I sold the house for more than I declared it to be worth?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

phasers wrote: »
    Hypothetical question: My house is currently in bits so it's not really worth much. If I fix it up next year, thus increasing the house's value, do I have to declare this? Would I get in trouble if I sold the house for more than I declared it to be worth?

The initial value is fixed for five years, so you won't have to revalue it until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The bank still owns my house 'til the mortgage is paid.
    I'll be sending them the tax bill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

studiorat wrote: »

You wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Full stops, familiar you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

studiorat wrote: »

Good luck with that. Let us know how it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The banks are selling at fire sale price. I'm sure you would hope to get more for your own. Maybe make an offer to the bank to buy the neighbouring property and sell yours at the real value. :D

Advertisement