Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wasps: You're Next!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Some words of advice against wasps. The best way to stop them coming after you is to send them a message. What i did was i sprayed this one wasps one time and while he was on the ground slowly dieing i stuck a long needle through it so that he would die a painfull death. Then once i did that i chucked the wasp out the window for all the wasps out there to see what i did to one of their own and that if they came back i'd torture the rest of them. They haven't come back since:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I would never kill a wasp, Why would you?
    Oh right, The sting, But other that that they are sound.
    In fact i think they are a great buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Hi,

Good simple wasp trap here. http://www.pcelinjak.com/content/view/62/146/

And more here http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/wasptrap.html from the great Dave Cushman

I hate em too, but only at the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I hate the fookers, luckily I have a fantastic boyfriend who gets rid of them for me. Incidently, they only seem to come out when he is there :confused:

My mam used to torture them, get them under glasses and bloke smoke at them, and trap the smoke and wasp back under the glass. THEN if they were ok, she used to pour liquid under them so see if they would drown.

THEN, she would get the dead wasp and keep it in a jewellery box. She had quite the collection.:eek::D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

They won't do you any harm if you leave them alone. They may land on you, but like other things they land on, they take off from them again without stinging. It is only if you go for them, that they'll go for you. When I was a kid I accidentally disturbed one of their nests. It was underneath some turf that I was climbing on. I was wearing a t-shirt and they went for me. I got stings on my arms and legs. My brother managed to pull me clear, but got some stings for his trouble. Nevertheless, even having gone through that experience, I would not say I am afraid of them. So don't bother them, and they won't bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Flukey wrote: »
    They won't do you any harm if you leave them alone. They may land on you, but like other things they land on, they take off from them again without stinging. It is only if you go for them, that they'll go for you. When I was a kid I accidentally disturbed one of their nests. It was underneath some turf that I was climbing on. I was wearing a t-shirt and they went for me. I got stings on my arms and legs. My brother managed to pull me clear, but got some stings for his trouble. Nevertheless, even having gone through that experience, I would not say I am afraid of them. So don't bother them, and they won't bother you.

Your brother: The Hero.:)

That was sweet of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I hate wasps, I hate flies more. They are both a bunch of cvnts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Wasps eat some flies Pride Fighter. Everything has it uses. Flies are the world's best garbage disposal experts. What the pooper scoopers leave behind or never pick up at all, they clear up. If we had no insects, this would be a very difficult place to survive in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Advertisement

LadyE wrote: »
    I hate the fookers, luckily I have a fantastic boyfriend who gets rid of them for me. Incidently, they only seem to come out when he is there :confused:

My mam used to torture them, get them under glasses and bloke smoke at them, and trap the smoke and wasp back under the glass. THEN if they were ok, she used to pour liquid under them so see if they would drown.

THEN, she would get the dead wasp and keep it in a jewellery box. She had quite the collection.:eek::D:D

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

waps, a shower of bastards....

hate the *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Flukey wrote: »
    Wasps eat some flies Pride Fighter. Everything has it uses. Flies are the world's best garbage disposal experts. What the pooper scoopers leave behind or never pick up at all, they clear up. If we had no insects, this would be a very difficult place to survive in.

I know, I hate the buzzing noise, it really pisses me off and keeps me up at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Wasps me arse.

I'm in Korea and getting bitten by ****ing mosquitoes.

There must be something in the Irish blood that attracts the little ***** and we must be genetically allergic to them.

Someone else (koreans) gets bitten they have a tiny little red dot on their arm/leg. I get bitten and it swells up like theres a large marble under the skin before spewing out a gallon of watery puss.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

A friend of mine was in a pub a while back and a guy came up to her holding a live bee (by the wings) and said 'My friend wants to BEE with you', pointing at the bee.

No relevance to the thread really, but I thought it was pretty creative.

monosharp wrote: »
    Wasps me arse.

I'm in Korea and getting bitten by ****ing mosquitoes.

There must be something in the Irish blood that attracts the little ***** and we must be genetically allergic to them.

Someone else (koreans) gets bitten they have a tiny little red dot on their arm/leg. I get bitten and it swells up like theres a large marble under the skin before spewing out a gallon of watery puss.

Pics :D Just kidding

Too much info

• Advertisement
Advertisement