Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monkey sends motorists bananas

• 09-08-2008 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Link with monkey pics :pac:

SOME said it was a gorilla in their midst. They were obviously towards the back of the traffic tailback.

Those with a better view -- and less prone to exaggeration -- could see that a much smaller primate was the cause of the disruption on the N11 in Wicklow yesterday morning.

And while those towards the back of the two-mile delay were undoubtedly going bananas, those towards the front were handing them out.

"She got out this morning, I don't know what time," owner Ed Drew said yesterday afternoon.
    "But I got a call to say 'one of your monkeys is on the road'. We went down with the quad and a net and caught her straight away

"She was tired and completely disorientated. Someone had pulled up in a Jeep and given her a banana so she was eating that."
    The 'she' in question is a three-year-old capuchin monkey called Gina. She escaped from Copsewood Aviaries in Kilmacanogue sometime yesterday morning, sparking lengthy tailbacks.
    But AA Roadwatch suspected monkey business of a different kind when reports of the cause of the traffic jam first started coming in at 8.15am.

"We got a call from a female motorist and initially we thought it might be a hoax. We found it very odd, but we have to look at all things that come in," a spokeswoman said.

"By 8.35am we found out there was a place nearby that keeps monkeys, so we thought it could be true," she added.
    "By 8.45am the gardai in Bray confirmed there was a monkey on the road but he was caught, caged and cleared by 9am."

Mr Drew (46) has a wide variety of animals and birds at the business he has been running for 15 years, including, chipmunks, rabbits and peacocks. While some are for sale, his nine monkeys are kept as pets.
    Yesterday, Gina decided to sample life on the outside. Fittingly, she ended up alongside an 'On the Run' service station.

"There have been no escapes like this before. I've had few birds escaping, but nothing as exotic as that," Mr Drew said.
    By yesterday afternoon -- and after a protein lunch and a sugar drink -- the cheeky monkey was doing well.

"She's a bit stressed out from being out of her own environment, but she's actually quite tame," Mr Drew said.

"She's back in now with her buddy -- she lives with her brother -- and she's fine now."

- Jason O'Brien
    <insert monkey related pun> :pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

The-Rigger wrote: »
    <insert monkey related pun>
    Yure ma could peal my banana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Perhaps, with a microscope and a tweezers.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Maybe they're trying to talk all olde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Obligatory post by monkeyfudge in monkey related thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You need to make one more post to correct someone when they refer to 'chimps'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Don't get me started... I went to see that Space Chimps movie the other day... very frustrating experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Don't get me started... I went to see that Space Chimps movie the other day... very frustrating experience.

Time to smash things I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Unconfirmed rumours state the monkey had a gun !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Regardless of my cock size I'm still bonen yure ma.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Surprised someone didnt go "Ah **** it" and run him over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Yer man Daft Dave is having another clearout.

*gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

"She's back in now with her buddy -- she lives with her brother -- and she's fine now."

Davy Jones must have been lonely for the short time she was away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Karl?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

togster wrote: »
    Karl?

There was this little monkey fella...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

I'd tap that...

Advertisement