Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

issues with boiler thermostat help!

• 31-08-2014 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Can anyone help me out with this, I've moved into a new place and every time i switch my boiler to timed, then turn thermostat to off peak 6-7 no matter what time of the day the boiler starts making boiling noise as if its turned on to heat there and then! At first i thought timer was on backwards but appears to be not! can anyone shed light on to why this is happening?NU0300301001-800x600-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

When you turn the smaller control (Boost) you are immediately switching on the power to one of the immersion elements on your hot water cylinder.
    The boost time on your timer lasts for a maximum of one hour.
    The larger dial is your timer for heating the water during the night on the off-peak rate of electricity.
    Set the larger dial to the correct time according to the pointers "summer / winter". The timer should then activate and heat the water from a minimum of 4 and up to 7 hours between 11.00 pm - 7.00 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The larger dial is your timer for heating the water during the night on the off-peak rate of electricity.
    Set the larger dial to the correct time according to the pointers "summer / winter". The timer should then activate and heat the water from a minimum of 4 and up to 7 hours between 11.00 pm - 7.00 am.

Say now when i turn large dial to heat anytime between 5-9 the off peak light switches on, then the boiler starts making noise as if its heating up, no matter what time of day it is, but if i have to set to any other time besides when off peak light is off it appears to heat at that time no bother and boiler makes no noise. is this odd? what you think of that? thank you

here is instructions but i cant make any heads or tails of it http://horstmann.skywire.org/files/2713/9867/2126/user_guide_economy_7_quartz_-_E7Q.pdf

Does it make sense to turn current time to summer time? and that it switches on at off peak times itself?

Does it make sense to turn current time to summer time? and that it switches on at off peak times itself?

Thats they way its designed to work.

Personally I don't like these time clocks as they are quite restricted in how they can be used and often they do not suit some people's hot water time requirements.
    They can also generate high levels of electricity consumption.
    Much better to change it out for a more user friendly time clock where you can pick and choose what time you want to heat the water and for how long.

• Advertisement

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Thats they way its designed to work.

Personally I don't like these time clocks as they are quite restricted in how they can be used and often they do not suit some people's hot water time requirements.
    They can also generate high levels of electricity consumption.
    Much better to change it out for a more user friendly time clock where you can pick and choose what time you want to heat the water and for how long.

ya i definitely see so many flaws! we use very little hot water! tempted to just use boost for half a hour in morning, i get up at 7 so still off peak to save some $$$$

Years ago we were in an apt with the same set up and if anyone wanted a shower they just did the same thing, put the boost on for half an hour beforehand.
    Saved a fortune on the electric bills.

Advertisement