Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamco Glenregan stove rope replacement

Options
  • 31-08-2014 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I decided to replace the stove door rope on my Hamco Glenregan Stove. I contacted Hamco and they said it would require 12mm stove rope. Off I went and bought this rope but when I tried to fit it the rope wasn't big enough. I did a google search and some other stove accessory companies have advertised 12mm stove rope for this stove.

Looking at the old stove rope and the new one there's at least 2mm in the difference.

Anyone else tried to replace the door rope on a Hamco Glenregan stove successfully? If so I'f appreciate it if you could tell me the size of the stove rope you used. I'm quite annoyed at Hamco for providing me with false information.

Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

Just a further update so that no one purchases the incorrect size rope for this stove.

You should purchase 14mm stove rope for this stove.

I tried to contact Hamco about giving me misinformation but they never got back to me.

There is also some misinformation on the following website

http://www.stovespareparts.com/catalogue_item.php?catID=11467&prodID=82300#.VAWK4PldXD4

They have on the first line that this stove uses 12mm. I contacted them and they told me that this was incorrect and it should be 14mm.

Advertisement