Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can a Volunteer do at a festival/Event?

Options
  • 14-08-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All

I’m involved in an family event which is community based and not for profit and this year we have to get an events license, can I allow a competent Volunteer to man a barrier in which the road is closed?

I’ve done some research and going over the safety at outdoor pop concerts and other musical events which is referenced on the license application but this states that they have to be trained or licensed?

I can understand if Alcohol is served that you would need licensed security but our event is family orientated and no alcohol. We will go through the procedure with the Volunteers before the event and inform of the event Management plan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I don't know but you could check with your local Garda station. Make sure you get the ne of the person you spoke to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Event Hub

Thank you for the reply,

I'm meeting the Garda tomorrow, I've researched it and under the road traffic act 1961 section 91, article4 it states that a Garda can give anyone permission to act as a temporary traffic warden. No where does it say license security. Is there a clause somewhere else when an event license is in place you must have licensed security?

I don't know but you could check with your local Garda station. Make sure you get the ne of the person you spoke to.

Advertisement