Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting myspace onto google ??

• 26-02-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭

hi all.
    we have a myspace page
    www.myspace.com/craiceannband

all seems fine but i cannot find craiceannband in a standard google search.

there is a festival in clare called craiceann that comes up a lt but even using "craiceannband" in search gives no joy.

am i missing a pref in my privacy profile or something.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Hi there,
    having your site appear on Google isn't always that simple unfortunately. Google needs some way of discovering your site and knowing it exists.

It uses things called spiders which follows links from sites to sites to do this and if it discovers a links, or better again, multiple links to your site, then is will add your site to it's directory.

Another method of getting Google to recognize your site is by actually submitting it to them here http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
    They will probably ask you to add code to the site to confirm that this site does indeed below to you. It takes at least a few days if not weeks for this to start showing results in google.

Also check here:
    httdp://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=34397

I hope this is helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

davgtrek wrote: »
    hi all.
    we have a myspace page
    www.myspace.com/craiceannband

all seems fine but i cannot find craiceannband in a standard google search.

there is a festival in clare called craiceann that comes up a lt but even using "craiceannband" in search gives no joy.

am i missing a pref in my privacy profile or something.

thanks.
    Firstly you only created the account a couple of days ago. Huge archives of information like Google and MySpace take a while to update. I looked for my band's MySpace page and was able to find it on Google so just give it time.

Secondly you need to read up on Search Engine Optimisation. Try here on this very site or also here. Not everything applies to MySpace pages obviously but things like including plenty of inbound links to your band's page (without spamming) will definitely help.

Advertisement