Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in D15

Options
  • 25-11-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi folks,

This is our first year here.... Any recommendations or simply info on where to get a tree? Who sells them? The closer to Carpenterstown the better!

And we'll need a turkey too. Any recommendations / deals for that would also be appreciated. We'd planned to check out the butchers in Coolmine Ind. Estate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jimdublin15

When I lived in Carpentertown i used to get one from a "guy" selling them each year outside the carpenter.
    Bought 2 years off him and they were okay for the price I think it was 35-40 Euro at the time, and for 2 other years I picked one up from the Roselawn sc. Again a guy selling them was setup outside, but I do buy my trees late so a week or so before xmas.

As for the butchers in Coolmine Ind. Estate, you mean the one next to Atlas car service ? It's called the Dublin Meat Company,
    I Would at least recommend checking in with him even if it's just to check/compare, as far as I was concerned it was the better Butcher in the area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Welcome to your first Christmas in d15!

Blanch library do a lovely Christmas carol evening (with an adult group of carollers) with wine and mince pies

Avoid driving to the towncentre if you can - walk or get the bus. Try avoid the weekends altogether and do your gift shopping mon, tues or wed night when they open later than usual before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amdublin wrote: »
    Blanch library do a lovely Christmas carol evening (with an adult group of carollers) with wine and mince pies

That would be Coolmine Musical Society. The night this year is Thursday 17 December ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

athtrasna wrote: »
    That would be Coolmine Musical Society. The night this year is Thursday 17 December ;)

Thank you!!!! *marks date in diary*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Justin's (fruit and veg shop) in blanchardstown village usually sells Christmas trees. Farmleigh does a great carol service coming up to Christmas, usually on a Sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Cheers for all those!

I'm getting major brownie points here from herself. She's impressed with the ground work I've done.... and all it took was one post!

I picked my tree up at a place on Rugged Lane. Almost immediately after the left turn off the Porterstown Road as you head towards Lucan/Clonsilla. Nice tree, bagged and stands available.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Anyone know what the trees from IKEA are like? Do they shed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Anywhere doing those stands that hold the water?

That place on Rugged Lane I mentioned is selling them anyways. €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrMaki

Go to Ikea. It is only 10 min drive from D15 and you get a Christmas tree and 20 euro voucher to spend at Ikea all for 25 euro.

Christmas tree for a fiver - where can you find better deal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

IKEA have sold out of trees and I dont think they're getting any more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Clonee sawmills have a nice range of trees, i picked one up on saturday for 50 euro

Advertisement