Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1920 * 1200, can intel integrated do the job

Options
  • 12-02-2008 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

what do you think can intel integrated do the job at 1920*1200 or

128MB nVidia® GeForce® 8400M GS [add € 90.00 or €19/month1]

or

256MB nVidia® GeForce® 8600M GT [add € 150.00 or €21/month]

just configuring a dell here, if I bought it it would primarily be for watching movies and web browsing, have a pc for gaming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Can you configure a Dell laptop for WUXGA Screen (1920x1200) with integrated graphics? I didn't think it was an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm configuring a 17" vostro and it defo lets me pick 1920x1200 with intel onboard

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Would you be doing anything on the laptop that would require any sort of 3d horsepower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

nah have a pc for that, just web browsing and watching movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

For 2D stuff an integrated card should be ok even at that res.

However, i'd expect the Vista ui to be very sluggish though (with the effects and transparencies on), i've found it sluggish even with some (basic) 3D cards. But you don't say if you're speccing Vista or XP so it may not be an issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement