Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galavant [ABC]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm oddly excited about this. Timothy Omundson is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Loved the first two episodes. Setting and concept are great. Music is predictably excellent and it's very funny. This is right up my street though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah was a fun show.

Strange seeing Lassie in this after years on Psych.

Also just funny seeing Vinnie Jones in it. Wonder if he'll get a musical number at some point.

Oh, and greatest joust ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i lasted 11 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh my god, this is cringe worthy.

The songs are even worse!

And the plot is, well, useless. But fun. I'll give the 2nd episode a shot.

• Advertisement

Watching the first episode and loving it. It's the kind of easy to watch fun that isn't trying to challenge the viewer or be adult but rather simply wants to entertain. The songs are fun, there's a smutty undertone that's well played and the cast are excellent. Can see this being one of those shows that I look forward to each week and any show with a drunken hero is generally great.

Well that was a fun series and I would happily watch a second season. Really deserves its moment in the sun.

Just finished up the series and really would love to see as second series, the finale was a little odd. The ending was quite poor and just kinda went nowhere, Isabella being locked up was more than a little odd especially when no one protested at it. Still there was a real sense of fun to it all and King Richard is just a great character, he is Price John from Disney's Robin Hood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Woohoo! Great to hear this.

• Advertisement

It's baaaack. New theme song as well. Just started watching. Glad to see it back, as are the other 2 or 3 people who watch I assume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's baaaack. New theme song as well. Just started watching. Glad to see it back, as are the other 2 or 3 people who watch I assume

Great opener. Can't get that bloody Kylie number out of my head though :)

As long as you don't do as she said and take off his shirt.

Yeah, a fun couple of episodes. I'd say loads of people dismissed it on the musical aspect alone. Deserves more viewers.

Only 10 episodes again over 5 weeks. I wonder if it'll get a third season with all the comments in that opening theme about surprise renewal and wasting all the network's money on cameos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As long as you don't do as she said and take off his shirt.

Yeah, a fun couple of episodes. I'd say loads of people dismissed it on the musical aspect alone. Deserves more viewers.

Only 10 episodes again over 5 weeks. I wonder if it'll get a third season with all the comments in that opening theme about surprise renewal and wasting all the network's money on cameos.

Its a very funny show. Loved the Game of Throne references. There were a couple of those. Especially the one about the cooks girlfriend/wife? wanting a daughter and then him saying she could have one but they would give the rest away to the Whitewalkers :)

"The Guy Who Was With the Queen When She Killed the Other Guy Who Was Trying to Be King". I quite liked that title. Dunno why he didn't.

And then the amulet she never takes off. Confused me for a sec as well until chef pointed out she never wears it. Like how so many shows have a guy helping his best friend who we've never seen or heard of before. Then she doesn't even hand him the ****ing amulet

And another quality season comes to an end. That was great fun. Happy with that ending as well if it isn't renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

A nice neat ending, not sure where they'll go to if it does get renewed but I'll be tuning in to find out.

Advertisement