Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will RTE1+1 become available to Sky customers at some stage?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

You won't be getting any free RTE broadcasts in the Channel Islands, Saorview or Saorsat.

Freeview is terrestrial TV, digital terrestrial (DTT).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Thurston? wrote: »
    You won't be getting any free RTE broadcasts in the Channel Islands, Saorview or Saorsat.

Yeah that's what I thought, but I can get RTE on Sky - but i think that is because it's a multiroom package and the main box is in Northern Ireland. My sister in London has Sky and doesn't have RTE afaicr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Thurston? wrote: »

Saorsat is on Eutelsat Ka-Sat 9A at 9.0°E, all showing SD, and you can see the coverage here - look at Beam 24 that covers Ireland only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

bpmurray wrote: »
    Saorsat is on Eutelsat Ka-Sat 9A at 9.0°E, all showing SD, and you can see the coverage here - look at Beam 24 that covers Ireland only.

Nope. RTÉ2 is HD...

Advertisement