Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dreambox

• 14-07-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

has anyone ever bought anything from (dreambox Ireland.com)???
    says delivery from china:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

they are 100% clones . never bought from them but reading through their site now they definitely ship from china and even refer to the customs tax. they seem to have merely put ireland in front of dreambox in the site name to appear irish but site is in china and im sure if you google dreambox france or italy they will no doubt have a site there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mjmc4004

ya... they dont look good...but are very cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

clones are very dodgy

some can be good but others can be shockingly bad

I had a clone version before, gave me awful trouble trying to get it to move my motorised dish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Try satboxes.com An Ireland website, all clones, but decent price and good service (Next day delivery)

Ive had a few boxes of them, no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

mjmc4004 wrote: »
    has anyone ever bought anything from (dreambox Ireland.com)???
    says delivery from china:confused:

€129 for 800hd,
    Add about €30 for delivery and €30 for VAT At DHL SHANNON.

Now €190 approx.

Go with satboxes.com with next day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

I have bought a few dm800 from sellers on aliexpress.com in the past and never got caught for vat fees, they usually mark them as samples with value of $30

should i stay away from clones???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

snaps wrote: »
    Try satboxes.com An Ireland website, all clones, but decent price and good service (Next day delivery)

Ive had a few boxes of them, no problems.

+1..

Ordered some stuff from them before..

Very fast delivery and good prices too..And a fab back-up service if ever needed.

Don't think I'd shop anywhere else,to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rayob

I bought a Dreambox 500S from satboxes.com and other stuff too in the last year and would highly recommend them too, especially for backup support and customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Ill also add my name to big up satboxes.com. Used twice, no probs

• Advertisement

has anybody ever used the openbox s9 or the new openbox s10 ,they look very good and cheap and maybe as good as the dreambox

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

mjmc

dude i'll see you in work tomorrow i looked up that site will talk 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xMelanieOx

Hi,

Has anyone ever purchased the box of this site? I've a feeling its fraudulent... Ordered a box 10 days ago, paid via paypal and only got suspicious when I received the email confirmation, no order number, contact details or delivery info?
    I went back to the site and their is no contact info whatsoever!! when you click on the contact tab, it says contact form coming soon!! I've also messaged them on Facebook and emailed the address I received the notification mail from and nothing.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Am I the victim of a scam??

Any input is appreciated :-)

xMelanieOx wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone ever purchased the box of this site? I've a feeling its fraudulent... Ordered a box 10 days ago, paid via paypal and only got suspicious when I received the email confirmation, no order number, contact details or delivery info?
    I went back to the site and their is no contact info whatsoever!! when you click on the contact tab, it says contact form coming soon!! I've also messaged them on Facebook and emailed the address I received the notification mail from and nothing.

It does look very suspicious. Who would setup a site with no contact details?

The site is just terrible to be honest.

Personally, I would get back onto Paypal and do something about getting my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

xMelanieOx wrote: »
    Hi,

Why did you use that site when there's a better one mentioned on the previous page?
    Anyway dispute with PayPal get your money back and consider it a lesson learned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lads why are you still buying Dreambox clones???? €190 for old technology and very often cheap copies from China.

Try looking at Gigablue UE Plus or Gigaglue SE Plus, price is not much more and if you add about €30 you can have an additional plug and play DVB-C/T Hybrid tuner which will allow you to pick up saorview with an aerial or an additional sat tuner to make it a twin receiver.
    For those of you who want more you should look at the Gigablue Quad....twin sat receiver and you have the option to add 2 additional plug and play tuners, either kabel/DVB-T or sat however you wish. You can also build in a HDD....

Gigablue SE Plus : link
    Gigablue UE Plus: link
    Gigablue Quad all in package: link

Add €20 for DHL postage and you have an original receiver, 2 years guarantee and its all original.

These receivers can do everything a Dreambox can do......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Lads why are you still buying Dreambox clones???? €190 for old technology and very often cheap copies from China.

Try looking at Gigablue UE Plus or Gigaglue SE Plus, price is not much more and if you add about €30 you can have an additional plug and play DVB-C/T Hybrid tuner which will allow you to pick up saorview with an aerial or an additional sat tuner to make it a twin receiver.
    For those of you who want more you should look at the Gigablue Quad....twin sat receiver and you have the option to add 2 additional plug and play tuners, either kabel/DVB-T or sat however you wish. You can also build in a HDD....

Gigablue SE Plus : link
    Gigablue UE Plus: link
    Gigablue Quad all in package: link

Add €20 for DHL postage and you have an original receiver, 2 years guarantee and its all original.

These receivers can do everything a Dreambox can do......

€190 for a clone??
    You might need to look at other sites.
    I buy as good few and the dearest I have paid including postage and customs is €65

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sharpeshooter

Lads if I get one of these do Ineed to have it installed by someone or do I just plug in and play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Lads if I get one of these do Ineed to have it installed by someone or do I just plug in and play.

Urm..what are you hoping it will do for you?

Sometimes when you buy them you can pay an extra €1 or €2 to have them pre-configured so when you get it delivered, it's plug and play.

But, as already pointed out above there, it depends on what you want it for, and what you want to get out of it.

If it's anything illegal, it can't be discussed on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Is anybody here well versed on how these work, where they can be ordered from or can be pre-configured?

I'd like to ask some . . . questions . . perhaps in private.

Not discuss anything, just want to ask a question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭swoofer

use google and go to ....e deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Miraclebox-Linux-HD-Receivers/Golden-Interstar-Xpeed-LX2-Combo

these are super boxes. Join up and you get a £5 off to boot. Granted sterlings a bit strong at the moment. Free delivery if you can use a northern Ireland address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

UrbanFret wrote: »
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Miraclebox-Linux-HD-Receivers/Golden-Interstar-Xpeed-LX2-Combo

these are super boxes. Join up and you get a £5 off to boot. Granted sterlings a bit strong at the moment. Free delivery if you can use a northern Ireland address

Are these similar to the amiko alien triple tuner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

snaps wrote: »
    Are these similar to the amiko alien triple tuner?

Kind of yeah.
    They are a slightly faster receiver ,750Mhz cpu vs 540Mhz in the Alien 2.
    Far more ram 512MB vs 128MB and more flash too,although that's not as important.
    128Mb of Flash is more than enough for most people.

Its a true Mips based chipset so has more support and images dont need to be patched to run on it.
    Only two tuners in the Xpeed as opposed to three in the Alien and slightly inferior sd picture quality in the Xpeed.

See my post here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94464562&postcount=12

Advertisement