Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed getting correct layout

Options
  • 18-12-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I received the 2TB Sky box yesterday but as you know this does not have any RF ports.I know in I need to get some kind of RF Modulator but maybe know is the time over xmas for me to redo my layouts .
    Can you advise what I should purchase and change from the below?

1.Main sky dish..2 feeds to 2TB in Dining room,one Each to FTA boxes, all going direct.
    2.Second older dish feeding 1 FTA Box
    3.Had a RF feed from old hd box to 4 way distribution amp in hot press sharing the SKY content.
    4.When saorview came I dropped a cable from attic aerial via hot press and using combiner getting good saorview but 80% sky quality to sitting room.
    5.Using powermid from main bedroom to control the old hdd sky box(will be 2TB from now on)

What would you recommend I purchase?
    I think I need an good I/o from 2TB up to hot press and have 2 inputs(sky and sorview signals?) in some kind of amp 6 outlets to go around the house so that all can receive saorview signal but require saorview boxes to view if not compatible?
    Or what would ye recommend?

Kind Regards,

Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Send the Saorview feed from the aerial to the room where the 2TB Sky box is.

The I/O link will have an aerial-in socket, & the 'I/O' connection looks after the signal from the Sky box. If you want Saorview on this TV, get a version of the I/O link with 2 RF-outs (Triax is the only one I'm aware of), to save having to use a splitter.

Then send this combined signal back to the hotpress for distribution. If you want to use the 'tvlink' remote control senders, that send the control signals back over the cables from RF2, rather than the wireless Powermid, you'll need a distribution amplifier that's compatible with this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Thurston? wrote: »
    The I/O link will have an aerial-in socket, & the 'I/O' connection looks after the signal from the Sky box. If you want Saorview on this TV, get a version of the I/O link with 2 RF-outs (Triax is the only one I'm aware of), to save having to use a splitter.

Blake Aerials (Proception) also sell a 2-out I/O link - http://www.blake-uk.com/uhf-av-modulator/593-prolink22.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi All,

I got the I/O link with dual outputs in Cork and it is working perfect and distributing the soarview signal successfully.
    There is a further problem up the line when I put the cable into my SV-400 saorview box the saorview picture is perfect but the SKY HD picture is ghosting with broken lines.
    If disconnected from SV400 and connected direct with joiner the SKY HD picture becomes perfect which rules out the cable?
    This also happens with the old sky hd box in the bedroom.
    I did change the RF FROM 26 (recommended for the I/O) to 24 but it did not help.
    Basically I have the 2TB box connected with the I/O sending the sky and saorview signal to all rooms.
    Each room also has a FTA BOX whether it is a SV400,old SKYHD or the famous 120 Box.
    Any ideas?
    My 4 way distribution amp does not have passthrough.
    I did not get the power supply for the I/O as not needed with the AMP (Short run maybe 14 feet Vertical)

Kind Regards,

Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

kmb wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got the I/O link with dual outputs in Cork and it is working perfect and distributing the soarview signal successfully.
    There is a further problem up the line when I put the cable into my SV-400 saorview box the saorview picture is perfect but the SKY HD picture is ghosting with broken lines.
    If disconnected from SV400 and connected direct with joiner the SKY HD picture becomes perfect which rules out the cable?
    I did change the RF FROM 26 (recommended for the I/O) to 24 but it did not help.
    Basically I have the 2TB box connected with the I/O sending the sky and saorview signal to all rooms.
    Each room also has a FTA BOX whether it is a SV400,old SKYHD or the famous 120 Box.
    Any ideas?
    My 4 way distribution amp does not have passthrough.
    I did not get the power supply for the I/O as not needed with the AMP (Short run maybe 14 feet Vertical)

Kind Regards,

Kieran

If based in Cork are your terrestrial signals coming in on ch24 and ch21??? if so move the frequency you are sending out well away from them maybe 55 ...

steveon wrote: »
    If based in Cork are your terrestrial signals coming in on ch24 and ch21??? if so move the frequency you are sending out well away from them maybe 55 ...

That isn't the problem, as it works fine when the SV400 is taken out of the equation, according to kmb.

• Advertisement

There's no need to have the aerial routed through the Sky box in the bedroom, unless the output of the Sky box also has to be sent to the TV's RF input.

'Broken lines' would suggest interference of some kind: I presume it lessens if the SV400 is put on standby? Ghosting is another matter though.

Hi Lads,

I separated the tv cable from the HD box in the bedroom and all is good.
    Regarding the sitting room I had one of the one for all signal splitters

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/tv-accessories/aerials-senders/one-for-all-sv-9542-signal-splitter-00939784-pdt.html

Got in Tesco last year for 1 cent but it is the older 3 output model.

When connected the distributed SKY signal was the same but when I turned the Gain Variance knob to minimum it corrected it.
    Can I purchase a Gain Variance inline rather then keeping this full unit plugged in?
    My Saorview is coming in on Channel 46 and 56.
    I was saying ghosting but now believe it was interference.
    Thanks for the all help.

Regarding the sitting room I had one of the one for all signal splitters

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/tv-accessories/aerials-senders/one-for-all-sv-9542-signal-splitter-00939784-pdt.html

Got in Tesco last year for 1 cent but it is the older 3 output model.

When connected the distributed SKY signal was the same but when I turned the Gain Variance knob to minimum it corrected it.

Where exactly did you insert this device into the system?

Hi Thurston?,

Saorview aerial signal to HD box I/O (Dining room) back up to powered 4 way distributer in hot press to distribute both sky signal and saorview throughout house.
    Sitting room aerial wall socket to one for all splitter input.
    1 output to TV & 1 output to saorview box.
    Signal is probably been amplified twice I know but the variance knob solves the original interference.

• Advertisement

Well, the gain control on the One For All amplifier is probably just an attenuator on the input, so you could get the attenuator off ebay, & try it before the SV400 aerial input, feeding the TV from the SV400 loopthrough or, alternatively, try a passive splitter in place of the One For All amplifier & feed the SV400 & TV separately.

Or if the amplifier in the hotpress has a gain control, try adjusting that.

Hi Thurston?

I picked up a 6db attenuator and it solved the problem.
    Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement