Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NetFlix US

• 03-12-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've been using Netflix for a few months and it's ok.. But i'm seeing ad's around for TurboFlix and other companies which allow you to access the US netflix which has nearly 3 times the amount of content.

Does anyone do this ?

Do I need a new account in the US and close my irish account ?

I'm on UPC and use Apple TV to watch Netflix - So i'll probably have to change router settings to get the VPN to work.. does anyone know if this is true ?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I had access to it for a while, but that stopped as the tool (won't name it here) I was using no longer worked. I didn't have to change accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

If you have a ps4 you can get US Netflix free, ( rules don't allow one to post how)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

NeVeR. PM sent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

just change your DNS!! private mail me and ill walk you through it with a code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

You don't need a new account to access American netflix. Lets just say you were in the US, or your computer maybe thought you were there for some reason, then it just switches straight to the US version and switches back to the Irish version when you get back to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Cheers for the replies. I got it working.. and it's amazing how much more / better stuff there is in the US one !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Canadian Netflix is better IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sonic Death Monkey

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Getting bored of US Netflix. Think I'll try Canadian later. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Lucas Hood wrote: »

What are the main differences please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭anplaya27

can someone pm me how to get us /Canadian Netflix, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I've seen a few videos on youtube with setting up us netflix. Unfortuneately I cant seem to get it to work. I must add im using an ipad.

lads... from testing these free ways i've found them rubbish.. I ended up just paying for a US VPN ( US IP address ) and it's working no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

NeVeR wrote: »
    lads... from testing these free ways i've found them rubbish.. I ended up just paying for a US VPN ( US IP address ) and it's working no problem.

If you are using the Apple TV then there is no easier way to do it than changing the DNS settings. Literally takes 60 seconds are costs nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Tzardine wrote: »
    If you are using the Apple TV then there is no easier way to do it than changing the DNS settings. Literally takes 60 seconds are costs nothing.

Can some kind boardies PM me the idiots guide on how to change DNS settings on Apple TV. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

anplaya27 wrote: »
    can someone pm me how to get us /Canadian Netflix, thanks

Try Google ..

I do have apple TV..and it is easy to change DNS.... but how can it be free ? .. the free IP's are sh!t and not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

NeVeR wrote: »
    I do have apple TV..and it is easy to change DNS.... but how can it be free ? .. the free IP's are sh!t and not worth the hassle.

I have been using the same set of DNS numbers for the last year and you would not know at all that there is anything different.

If you are interested then shoot me a PM and I will send them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Macker2001

Would it be possible for someone to let me know how to change to the us netflix. I signed up in the us but it automatically changed itself to irish settings. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

I have been using the same set of DNS numbers for the last year and you would not know at all that there is anything different.

If you are interested then shoot me a PM and I will send them to you.

Can you PM me the details as well mate :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

hey lads

can someone pm me how to get the us netflix on Playstation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

Was doing this for a while but it became a pain having to change back the router to the original settings. Internet was so slow when linked to USA DNS settings. :(

Any easy way to link PS3??

Glebee wrote: »
    Was doing this for a while but it became a pain having to change back the router to the original settings. Internet was so slow when linked to USA DNS settings. :(

Any easy way to link PS3??

he doesn't mean the router DNS he means Apples TV DNS settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Charter: Discussing how to bypass geographical limitations to watch streaming content is also a no-no (i.e. how to watch Hulu outside the US)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement