Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior cert irish question

Options
  • 08-09-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

according to communicative language teaching one is supposed to fit pros+ filiocht around a unit of work. So most units of work in the texts books include mé féin, scoil, mo chlann, caitheamh aimsire etc. how do people fit the pros then in the departmental schemes to fit these units. For example if a teacher wanted to do dioltas an mhada rua, banríon an Uaigneas, An Gadaí and An t-adh- which units would these be best suited to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Comhairleoir

There are no fixed texts on the junior cert spec. For these texts though, An Gadaí could fit into Teaghlach, An tÁdh with Ceantar or Cairde, Banríon an Uaignis with Ceantar or An Teach and Díoltas an Mhada Rua with Bia, Teaghlach, Caithimh Aimsire etc. Most have some sort of vocab or theme link to the main topics.
    mengele wrote: »
    according to communicative language teaching one is supposed to fit pros+ filiocht around a unit of work. So most units of work in the texts books include mé féin, scoil, mo chlann, caitheamh aimsire etc. how do people fit the pros then in the departmental schemes to fit these units. For example if a teacher wanted to do dioltas an mhada rua, banríon an Uaigneas, An Gadaí and An t-adh- which units would these be best suited to?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

It is really difficult to do this with the LC course as some of the stories are a bit off the wall.With the JC you can pick any stories and poems you want so it is easier to do this. Can i recommend a book called " na lucha ag rince" by Michael Ó Ruairc...it has lots of short stories in it [you would cover some of them in once class] and they are really suitable for JC.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

and what poems do most teachers use for the junior cert higher level?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Fear lasta lampaí covers a good few themes, then An tOzón for the environment and subh mhilis which is painful but it ticks a few boxes. There 3% going for this in the exam I think so I put most effort into the oral, aural and ceapadóireacht

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I really like an gleann inar togadh me.

Covers a good few themes too

• Advertisement
Advertisement