Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apparitions on now on RTE1 (10.45pm)

• 28-02-2011 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

The documentary about self-proclaimed visionary Joe Coleman on now on RTE1.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

The documentary about self-proclaimed visionary Joe Coleman on now on RTE1.

Im just glad i dont own a gun or i might just have an Elvis moment resulting in minor screen damage.
    Too depressing for words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I kind of feel sorry for that lad. He needs to see a psychologist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Worth watching, I laughed many times.
    Here's some choice quotes from it I can remember offhand
    Yes Luv, I did see mother mary
    =Joe at the scene talking to a reporter with apparently very poor eyesight
    The RCC is not a superstitious organisation
    = A Skeptical Priest
    That €40 fee was for a psychic reading, not for you to see the apparition
    = Joe
    I'm a light worker
    =Joe

BTW JC = Joe Coleman .... how cool is that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

recedite wrote: »
    Worth watching, I laughed many times.
    Here's some choice quotes from it I can remember offhand
    =Joe at the scene talking to a reporter with apparently very poor eyesight

= A Skeptical Priest

= Joe
    =Joe

BTW JC = Joe Coleman .... how cool is that!
    My fav' quote happened in the first few minutes where he stated that he has a photo in which Jesus is clearly visable amongst the clouds. He then says that a lot of people cannot see it and that you need to turn the photo on its side and squint a bit.
    Not exactly a text book definition of 'clearly visable'.

I'm a light worker too, I take a lot of coffee breaks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Favourite line - 'Have you died and gone to Heaven, cos you're looking at a man who has' while he was arguing with the other Christians in Knock. No point contradicting humble Joe on anything he says, he's got his knowledge straight from the horses mouth!

Who were those weird handmaidens in the full on white outfits & gloves? Were they nuns or just Knock lay workers?

Dunno, do you mean the two hotty twins who were interviewed, they had been going to Joe's house for a "course" in angels or something, and he even gave them a certificate at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Nope, I meant these chaps

1.jpg

I think they're just lady caretakers of the Shrine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

My fav' quote happened in the first few minutes where he stated that he has a photo in which Jesus is clearly visable amongst the clouds. He then says that a lot of people cannot see it and that you need to turn the photo on its side and squint a bit.
    Not exactly a text book definition of 'clearly visable'.
    It would, however, be a textbook definition of pareidolia

Nope, I meant these chaps

[
    Yuk !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

Mary: Joe you have to go to Knock!
    Joe: That's very awkward for me. I don't fly so I'll have to get a train.

I wonder did he not trust 'our Lady' to keep him safe on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Thing is, this man is clearly not well and it is an absolute disgrace that we allow the media gain from this. Im sorry but its just wrong. Whatever about the sanity of people who believe in god, but JC is clearly mentally inbalanced and i certainly dont find that entertaining. Theres no place for this sort of programme on television. I know a guy who sees leprechauns, would we allow RTE to film him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Thing is, this man is clearly not well and it is an absolute disgrace that we allow the media gain from this. Im sorry but its just wrong. Whatever about the sanity of people who believe in god, but JC is clearly mentally inbalanced and i certainly dont find that entertaining. Theres no place for this sort of programme on television. I know a guy who sees leprechauns, would we allow RTE to film him?

That's the thing, when a guy sees Leprechauns he is (rightly) ignored and dismissed as a nutter. Replace Leprechauns with angels, virgin Mary etc. and suddenly the guy has a small army of deluded followers and starts raking in the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Galvasean wrote: »
    That's the thing, when a guy sees Leprechauns he is (rightly) ignored and dismissed as a nutter. Replace Leprechauns with angels, virgin Mary etc. and suddenly the guy has a small army of deluded followers and starts raking in the cash.

Leprechauns are extinct though, anyone who says they're seeing them is just fcuked in the head. goblins on the other hand, they exist, they steal your socks, but only ever the left one, whats with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

krudler wrote: »
    Leprechauns are extinct though, anyone who says they're seeing them is just fcuked in the head. goblins on the other hand, they exist, they steal your socks, but only ever the left one, whats with that?

You have left and right foot specific socks? Well la dee dah, your majesty. :pac:

Advertisement