Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mad to apply for Vet in Cluj Napoca?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey all, repeat LC student here. Am just doing all my CAO, UCAS and Eunicas applications right now, and there is one university that is standing out. University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine.. 4500 a year and a globally recognised degree?! Bit too good to be true. Szent Ivstan is just too expensive for me, so I was wondering if anyone else is looking at Cluj or has been there?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mrpockets09

Haven't heard of anyone in it to be honest. I know people in Budapest, Kosice, Polans and Brno but haven't heard of Romania! This college states "This programme is recognised for registration with RCVS" while the others state "This programme is recognised by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons for registration to practise as a vet in the UK and Ireland", so not sure if you would have to do more exams/intern ship to work in Ireland/UK. Try get UCD if you can...alot of veterinary employers can be snobs about where you got your degree, even though all veterinary degrees are the same (UCD MVB...Kosice DVM!) I'm not sure which I'll be applying for when I graduate from my current degree but it won't be UCD with the €20k a year tuition fees! Best of luck in the studies!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

There are currently no Romanian veterinary qualifications listed as registerable with the Veterinary Council of Ireland, so you would presumably have to sit the Irish registration exam. You could double check with the VCI, but yes, it sounds too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TooMuchAtOnce

Did you look into this college any more by any chance? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

I know nothing about the University but I can tell you that Transylvania and Cluj are beautiful

Advertisement