Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eoin reddan

• 16-03-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

a few games ago he arrived like a breath of fresh air, 3 games later, he looked, and played like a guy hamstrung, mentally. and physicaly. your comments please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

He was one of our better players of the tournament (though you could argue that doesn't mean much - I wouldn't, I think he was pretty good in the first 4 games - I missed the England one though). Top 4 alongside Heaslip, O'Gara and Kearney. Everyone has bad games. When he's had a bad run of games, or a bad year, then fair enough.

One thing he does have to worry about it becoming a one trick pony when it comes to quick penalties. Yes, they can be really effective. But not if you do it every time. Sometimes its best to lash it up the pitch and go for your own lineout. Mind you, with the way our lineout has been performing... But anyways. His passing isn't quite up to Stringer's but he more than makes up for it.

He's still better than Stringer and Boss, the only others who are really in the frame at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    He was one of our better players of the tournament (though you could argue that doesn't mean much - I wouldn't, I think he was pretty good in the first 4 games - I missed the England one though). Top 4 alongside Heaslip, O'Gara and Kearney. Everyone has bad games. When he's had a bad run of games, or a bad year, then fair enough.

One thing he does have to worry about it becoming a one trick pony when it comes to quick penalties. Yes, they can be really effective. But not if you do it every time. Sometimes its best to lash it up the pitch and go for your own lineout. Mind you, with the way our lineout has been performing... But anyways. His passing isn't quite up to Stringer's but he more than makes up for it.

He's still better than Stringer and Boss, the only others who are really in the frame at the moment.

+1

The England game was not his finest hour but I still think he is better than Stringer and Boss. He adds a degree of unpredicability that Stringer never had. Course the whole quick penalty thing is sorta stopping that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I think he had a decent tournament but what if he had tried that simple inside pass against the French in the dying moments of the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

hes very good,I would have preffered a little less of the kicks though,with nobody chasing to any success it just hands away posetion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Redden is a decent player and I think he will do a very good job for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

He offered a few good running moves that Ireland don't usually do, catching the opposition off-guard a few times, but seemed a bit indecisive at times... But maybe that's just inexperience... (Is he like this with Wasps?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

osullivan got to him hes like rest of the irish team now scared to do anything no breaks etc, what hes brilliant at, hes been broken like the rest of them, bye bye cooder:)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Spaceman Spiff

komodosp wrote: »
    He offered a few good running moves that Ireland don't usually do, catching the opposition off-guard a few times, but seemed a bit indecisive at times... But maybe that's just inexperience... (Is he like this with Wasps?)

Kind of. His performance against Leinster in last year's Heineken Cup showed just what he's capable of from the scrum and breakdown. I think its just a matter of him getting used to this group of players and vice-versa. The international inexperience definitely plays a part as well, once he finds more confidence in what he can do against the world's best. He has the tools to be the Northern Hemisphere's best scrum half.

There's also the fact that Ireland's attack has been built around Stringer for the last seven years so Reddan is handicapped in that way. Its the same reason Boss never really did any of the things you thought he'd do the rare chances he got.

Advertisement