Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trimble-off-any1 else-on

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Put Paddy Wallace at 12 and Trimble at 13 then we actually have a traditional centre pairing that we havent had in years. Both of them know each other very well in these positions so its easier for them to be place together at this short notice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Btw here is the try http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlVwNcYcGA Trimble isnt to blame at all as i said before Shane got the angle through the gap and your not going to stop him that far out when he's picked a line like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

How are centres and backs supposed to shine when the coach decides to play a game that almost makes them redundant ? i think Trimble is a good player , i do think Darcy is better but lets face it he was a lot more experience. The game played in the manner the Welsh played it would have suited Trimble , Horgan, O'Driscoll better.

Having looked at the U'20's game the other day im afraid there isnt a lot of talent coming soon so we gotta get the best out of what we have available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

hoppo254 wrote: »
    How are centres and backs supposed to shine when the coach decides to play a game that almost makes them redundant ? i think Trimble is a good player , i do think Darcy is better but lets face it he was a lot more experience. The game played in the manner the Welsh played it would have suited Trimble , Horgan, O'Driscoll better.

Having looked at the U'20's game the other day im afraid there isnt a lot of talent coming soon so we gotta get the best out of what we have available.

Last years under 20s won the Grand Slam. There's loads of talent coming through. Look at Fitzgerald and Kearney even. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Ulstermell0

I don't think it's a good idea to blame either Trimble or Jackman as some seem inclined to.

Trimble messed up a tackle against Shane Williams. Or to put it another way, one of, if not the, trickiest wingers in the world got by someone. Never happened before, eh?

As for Jackman, he was f*cking stupid, of course he was, but he didn't lose the game. The game had been lost long before he came on to the pitch. Our problems are related to the tactics employed by the coach and the way they were implemented by the players.

totally agree - what i was trying to say earlier was that if there was going to be a scapegoat for the loss, Jackman deserves to be it over trimble, but i'm sad to say theres only one man who can shoulder responsability and it upsets me that he's going to be paid for the next four years worth of work regardless of whether we keep him (more bad performances) or not (have to pay someone to takes his place :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Limerickjohnny

Jees, have to say i'm shocked at the anger being directed towards Trimble in here. Who would you propose playing in centre??

Going on performance in magners league, heineken cup, WC & six nations this season - if D'arcy & O'Driscoll weren't already established internationals they wouldn't deserve to be in the in the training squad let alone the match day squads.

Reddan, Trimble, Bowe (& O'gara in patches) have probably been the stand-out irish backs since the start of the 07/08 season.
    A case could probably be made for the murphys of leicester!
    Fitzgerald has potential but thats about all - remember matthew tait, first cap for england...

In relation to the tackle on williams, I would have to agree with the analysis on Against the Head on Monday night, Trimble came in-field towards Leamy to close down the space which resulted in a gap that someone could run an aircraft carrier through - which meant he couldn't get close enough to tackle. If he had left the gap between himself and leamy and wales scored, we would be having the same conversation but blaming another player! The whole idea with rugby and phases of play is to create overlaps, mis-matches and space. The welsh did this on saturday, we didn't.

The ultimate cause of the try on saturday, is kearney ran the ball into the tackle (mainly due to crap support lines by irish players), coughed the ball up cheaply to an ultimate ground-hog (martyn williams) and they proceeded to score in the corner 5 phases later.

If you want to assign blame - its the system that has caused players to be utterly clueless about what to do in broken field play. The coaching of the irish team is based completely around the set-piece (scrum & line-out) and running set plays from both, the Irish players should be playing american football not rugby!

Blame the un-imaginate, conservative style of rugby propagated and coached by the boss!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Blame the un-imaginate, conservative style of rugby propagated and coached by the boss!!

Preaching to the choir. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

post in large letters again muincav and you will be banned. It is very off putting and it is not required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

RuggieBear wrote: »
    post in large letters again muincav and you will be banned. It is very off putting and it is not required.

Apologies RuggieBear-I didnt realise! Sorry again!:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement