Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

website to test your security knowledge

• 31-03-2004 12:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

came across this

http://scifi.pages.at/hackits/

16 levels of website security, kinda fun in a way (if you ignore the starfleet feel) but also highlights some good/bad points about security on webistes and how easy they can be hacked

so what do ye make of it?

ps. got to level 5 but need more time to try and progress it more plus my javascript knowlegde is crap to non existent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Thanks for posting that link. Had a couple of fun hours going through them.
    Got through them all - I think the keypad one was probably the most tedious, trying the different combinations (of the numbers that it must be based on the 'algorithm').

The only one I thought you might see out in the 'wild' was the apache password one - I'd hope not, but I suspect they're out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

It's a pretty cool set of things to do. I'm currently on level14. Annoying bit of code and I dont feel like trying it now.

The keypad one wasnt too bad. Maybe I just got lucky with my choices to begin with. Think there only 32 combinations anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

That's fun, made it to level 11 so far, but I'm going to stop now as it's turning into a bloody JS tutorial with the amount of commands I have to nit-pick through. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (I don't know JS either)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Im stuck on 14 any tips?

I meant stuck on the one after 14!! Its the one with the tip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Hmm..am stuck trying to get to level 9. The javascript code looks simple enough, but I'm obviously missing something :)

All it seems to do is redirect you to <page>.htm where <page> is what you enter in the promp text field...

Hi Casper, is this the link

http://www.academy.dyndns.org/hackit8/hackit.htm

you are stuck at?

Try removing the hackit.htm from the url there

Originally posted by Conor-Mr2
    Hi Casper, is this the link

http://www.academy.dyndns.org/hackit8/hackit.htm

you are stuck at?

Try removing the hackit.htm from the url there

Yes, that was the link I got to

Ouch that's painful .... I'm obviously losing it in my old age .... :dunno:

Originally posted by Conor-Mr2
    I meant stuck on the one after 14!! Its the one with the tip!

Yep I'm there too now; the interim ones weren't that bad. However, I have to go work for a while now :) Will probably give it a shot later today..

Well my thoughts are on there being an .htaccess or .htpasswd file although i cant seem to find it. If you find out please let me know!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Well my thoughts are on there being an .htaccess or .htpasswd file although i cant seem to find it

Hint: Look for a htpasswd file (without the dot)

ah. at last. I should have known given that it says the passwd file isnt hidden!!

Ive done the lot now. Was certainly enjoyable.

Advertisement