Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar Waste Collection/Lookinf for New Provider

Options
  • 10-12-2015 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Greenstar refused to collect my recycling bin this morning as I was €3 in debit, due to the fact that they had recently debited an €8:50 monthly standing order charge from my account.

When I phoned their "Customer Service" :rolleyes: Dept, I was told in terse dismissive tone "Why should it be collected, you have no money in your account".

To me this is totally unacceptable "Customer Service", so looking to change provider or consider other alternatives for household waste management.

Any similar experiences with Greenstar or Barna?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

so your issue is that you didnt have enough credit on your account for the service to be carried out:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

shanec1928 wrote: »
    so your issue is that you didnt have enough credit on your account for the service to be carried out:rolleyes:

Are you being smart Shane1928? My post should be clear is it not? I'm looking for a provider with better customer service, payment facilities, or alternative methods of waste management. Any suggestions or can you merely contribute sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Roundabouts and swings! I had the same happen with Barna. Just didn't bother to ring up when I checked the a/c online and realised it was my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

Kettleson wrote: »
    "Why should it be collected, you have no money in your account".
    And the appropriate answer is.....?
    Blunt and 100% correct! They're not a charity. You messed up and the same thing will happen with anyone else.
    I'm sure the bin men had no idea if you were 3e or 300 overdue they probably just got a red light on the scanner.

What did you want customer service to do, say they made a mistake?

edit: oh yea the alternative, you can drop it down to greenstar, they have a weighbridge and you pay as you go!

overshoot wrote: »
    And the appropriate answer is.....?
    Blunt and 100% correct! They're not a charity. You messed up and the same thing will happen with anyone else.
    I'm sure the bin men had no idea if you were 3e or 300 overdue they probably just got a red light on the scanner.

What did you want customer service to do, say they made a mistake?

edit: oh yea the alternative, you can drop it down to greenstar, they have a weighbridge and you pay as you go!

Feelin' a bit better after venting the spleen there Overshoot?

• Advertisement

Feelin' a bit better after venting the spleen there Overshoot?
    think you were venting a bit
    When I phoned their "Customer Service" rolleyes.png
    To me this is totally unacceptable
    I was just telling you to get a grip, you were in the wrong and the same thing will happen with anyone else ;) Blaming someone else wont get your bin collected any faster-which it sounds like you were doing if they had to say-why should we collect when your in debt? Going to answer that one btw?
    catch more bees with sugar than with vinegar!

Jesus wept Overshoot, give it a break.

In fairness boards has been its usual helpful resource, red sean told you its the same elsewhere (except he was courteous enough to own up to his mistake), I gave an alternative you asked for, you can also set up an automatic bank top up if keeping on top of it is too much for you.... i know its just awful companies like to be paid for stuff but its the world we live in. crap attitudes are contagious ;)

For clarification Overshoot, as long as I have been a customer of Greenstar, (2 years or more? ie: from the start of such requirements), my account has on numerous occasions, due to whatever hectic lifestyle reasons, been in debit loads of times, there has never been an issue with that.

I considered this to be a strong point in their service, rather like a small overdraft facility with a customer relationship being built up. Granted, somewhat naively. But they always got paid, and I always got my waste bins lifted.

I received no warning that this aspect of their business relationship with me was to change. Then somewhat bemused this morning, with my bin still on the pavement, I phoned up to enquire why and was greeted with the same attitude that others here have aired in response to my original post...ie: "What's your problem" etc?.

That, in my opinion, as a long-standing customer is not acceptable. Maybe that's just me.

Merry Christmas one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

The chip in the bins will prevent it from being lifted once it is scanned. But yes they could have replied in a better way.

They used to text account balance every week when I did the tag system. This year I changed to a yearly charge, recycling is included and they send a bill for the other bin. Works out kind of the same add there is no monthly charge.

• Advertisement

my account has on numerous occasions, due to whatever hectic lifestyle reasons, been in debit loads of times, there has never been an issue with that.

I considered this to be a strong point in their service, rather like a small overdraft facility with a customer relationship being built up. Granted, somewhat naively. But they always got paid, and I always got my waste bins lifted.

I received no warning that this aspect of their business relationship with me was to change.
    see thats a bit easier to follow, we didnt have that information before! you just opened with a rant which didnt give any apparent reason why they should life your bin. tbh they would just be bringing themselves in line with anyone i've dealt with thus my 100% your fault attitude.
    Obviously a change in terms should be issued to customers.

T-Bird wrote: »
    The chip in the bins will prevent it from being lifted once it is scanned. But yes they could have replied in a better way.

They used to text account balance every week when I did the tag system. This year I changed to a yearly charge, recycling is included and they send a bill for the other bin. Works out kind of the same add there is no monthly charge.

Thanks for that. Greenstar by email did eventually offer an explanation for the unannounced change of service...

"This was obviously a glitch in the system that has since been rectified and is now in line with all of our other trucks".

overshoot wrote: »
    see thats a bit easier to follow, we didnt have that information before! you just opened with a rant which didnt give any apparent reason why they should life your bin. tbh they would just be bringing themselves in line with anyone i've dealt with thus my 100% your fault attitude.
    Obviously a change in terms should be issued to customers.

Honestly Overshoot, you're wasting a lot of your time on this and you're not even attempting to do it with good humour or any level of manners. Chill out will ya.

in the meantime, I've had enough of your advice/opinions etc for now thanks.

Honestly Overshoot, you're wasting a lot of your time on this and you're not even attempting to do it with good humour or any level of manners. Chill out will ya.

in the meantime, I've had enough of your advice/opinions etc for now thanks.
    posting on a public forum doesnt take that long & wasnt attempting either, blunt honestly makes life simplier! Given your previous posts tone/level of information I'm not quite sure what you were expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Can you not just keep your account in credit??? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Oh look, an argument in an empty house!

Advertisement