Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

egr valve astra h 1.6 cleaning price dublin

• 25-06-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

my exhaust light has been on for a while and began flashing coming home last friday. i brought it to a garage and got a diagnostics check done on it and he told me i needed the egr valvle replace. i have done a bit of investigating since then and i see that 05 1.6 astras are known for the agr valvle to get clogged up. i am thinking that a cleaning rather than a replacement should be sufficent from what i read. theres just under 10000 ks on the clock. i was quated 300 quid all in ti replace it. this seems excessive to me. what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭HeyArnold320

300 quid all in for an EGR valve wouldn't be excessive, considering the valve itself can cost around 250 euro. But it sounds like he jumped the gun in assuming it needs to be replaced. Yes they can be cleaned out. I don't know the location of the EGR valve in the astra is but I have cleaned a few on different cars and they have been fairly accessible.
    Give them a good spray with carb cleaner to free it up. You may need to reset the warning light afterwards.

Advertisement