Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opel Corsa 1.2

Options
  • 19-06-2014 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can offer me advice on a issue i have with my car.
    I have a 08 opel corsa 1.2 and while driving my car to work this morning, the alternator light (actually looks like a battery but after searching the internet i find its the alternator) came on as well as the engine electronics, transmission electronics (picture of a car with a spanner stuck in the middle of it.

Thing is car seems to be driving the same as normal. These lights flashed on 3 times during my 30 minute drive to work at no stage did i loose power or find the car performance changed.

Can anyone enlighten me and suggest the best thing for me to do, id really appreciate it.

Thanks

Emz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Best thing to do would be to scan for OBD-II diagnostic codes, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emz34

Im assuming a garage is the place for that since ive never heard of it before, is it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Emz34 wrote: »
    Im assuming a garage is the place for that since ive never heard of it before, is it expensive?

Shouldn't be much more than 50 quid.

One last question, is it safe to drive until i can get it to an opel garage?
    And thanks a million for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Emz34 wrote: »
    One last question, is it safe to drive until i can get it to an opel garage?
    And thanks a million for your help

I should say it's safe insofar as it most likely won't injure anyone, but you wouldn't know what psychological issues it has. I'd get it checked over as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Poor poor Oscar, not feeling the best :(

Hi,

Thanks for the advice last week, this is the story since then,

I brought my car to a registered opel garage who did the diagnostic test and said that it was a weak battery that was the issue, they replaced the battery and sent me on my way..

I got into the car this morning and the same flahing lights popped up, and the speedometer and rev counter dropped to Zero (with no power being lost from the car at all)
    Itr happened several times during my 20 minute journey to work, I brought it back to the garage today and they did another teat and have checked all the EARTH points under the bonet and said they have cleaned them up and that its ready for me to take away.

The problem i have is that the issue does not seem to be a quick fix and the Opel garage dont seem to know what the issue is as they said if it happens again to bring it back to them... (its not that they are trying to charge me each time, they are very helpful and reasonable with the charges) but i just feel like this issue could go on and on without any resolve.
    If anyone has any experience with this issue before can you please let me know.
    Much appreciated :) Emz

Advertisement