Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought a mac from Compub?

Options
  • 22-03-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I bought a mac mini 3 weeks ago which had a faulty logic board, sent it back, they sent another promising to test it first – got a new one a week later and it had the same problem – faulty logic board. Asked for a refund, now waiting for them to collect the 2nd one for over a week. Calls to them get passed around and ignored.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

more than likely they didn't 'test' the second mac before it was sent out, and why would they for the €10 or so gross margin they make on it.

Unfortunatly that is the luck of the draw, why don't you drop the faulty mac back to them? the warranty on all macs (with out apple care) is a return to base warranty, they would loose money on the deal by sending out a courier to pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

bring it in to them. the lads in the shop there are top notch in my opinion. i had a similar problem on a mini that i didnt even buy there and they fixed it under the warranty. personally i couldnt recommend them higher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

whippet wrote:
    Unfortunatly that is the luck of the draw, why don't you drop the faulty mac back to them?
    bring it in to them.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately they only sell on the net and are in Limerick (I'm Dublin based). It was resolved eventually, but I'd never deal with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭tattykitty

I've had problems with them too - I recently bought a mac mini from them and they sent me the wrong one without the modem it needed, and it didn't work properly. They agreed to send me a second one, saying that they'd test it first. Right model this time, but it still didn't work - they obviously hadn't tested it. Fair enough, why should they? But then, why lie about it? They were fine with the refund but took ages to send anyone to collect it, telling me on several separate occasions that someone was coming to fetch it only for no one to arrive. Inconvenient, and shoddy service. I'm also based in Dublin - perhaps their service is fine if you live where you can visit them when there's a problem, but the online thing is a joke. Won't be using them again.:(

Advertisement