Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Book G4

Options
  • 23-03-2006 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering is there a RDP feature in the MAC OS, so I could take control of a win xp pro pc using the RDP connection protcol ???

Im afaid I have no MAC experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

tech wrote:
    Im just wondering is there a RDP feature in the MAC OS, so I could take control of a win xp pro pc using the RDP connection protcol ???

Im afaid I have no MAC experience

having a search in versiontracker yields:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15544

I've no personal experience of the program.

hth

hc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I use to use that program and it works pretty good. You could even listen to iTunes from the Windows PC :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you can also install UltraVNC on the PC and use chicken of the VNC as a client app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Personally I reckon Remote desktop is much faster than VNC anyday and least you get a proper cursor (why do they bother with that crappy dot ?)
    And no need to install anything on the PC..which is a bonus

.. now if you want to control mac with xp ..... different story .. vnc is the only way to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

MS rdc works pretty well. What I hate is that it doesn't have full screen mode...

• Advertisement
Advertisement