Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO...?

Options
  • 08-10-2011 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I was walking my dog tonight around half 9 ten...ish when for only a few seconds I saw 3 circular light in a form of a large triangle kind of hard to make out an outline in the cloud moving at a phenomenal speed :L i saw it for just a second or two and ran down the road when it had gone out of site but saw nothing else.It was a pretty strange and no I'm not the type to believe in ghosts and am always sceptical of these kinds of stories...

So AHers...have you ever seen anything strange site in the night sky you couldn't explain or do you think I'm gone mad :P I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Don't tell me to fuck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Its all like stars and sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Just swamp gas, move along now ya hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

no your not gone mad. I have seen a fare few strange things through the years as well but according to what you seen it seems a lot simular to what I seen 5 years ago, in that it was 3 lights in a triangular shape flying at great speed I seen the same kind of thing back then but the only difference is the 3 white lights had a misty white glow around the triangle shape and this thing was going seriously fast.

after reporting this I was told it was the american stealth fighter jet as it does flyover Ireland on a westerly heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

The Ant People have learned how to fly. We're f*cked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I saw a UFO once, but I'm pretty sure the alcohol and unreliable memory had something to do with it.

Not saying either are relevant in your situation just that there are more rational explanations than assuming you saw an actual alien craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Shane L

zenno wrote: »
    no your not gone mad. I have seen a fare few strange things through the years as well but according to what you seen it seems a lot simular to what I seen 5 years ago, in that it was 3 lights in a triangular shape flying at great speed I seen the same kind of thing back then but the only difference is the 3 white lights had a misty white glow around the triangle shape and this thing was going seriously fast.

after reporting this I was told it was the american stealth fighter jet as it does flyover Ireland on a westerly heading.

It was pretty low for a plane but it had that misty glow like you just described.Would 1 of these stealth fighters be flying so low over Carlow town :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Shane L

Seachmall wrote: »
    I saw a UFO once, but I'm pretty sure the alcohol and unreliable memory had something to do with it.

Not saying either are relevant in your situation just that there are more rational explanations than assuming you saw an actual alien craft.

UFO = unidentified flying object....never mentioned aliens :confused: I just don't know what it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

It was a "weather balloon" OP. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Chinese lanterns. Sound bunch of UFOs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Quick! Get back out there and tell them there's a leaving town tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's the annual three glowing radioactive bollocks flying south for the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Shane L wrote: »
    It was pretty low for a plane but it had that misty glow like you just described.Would 1 of these stealth fighters be flying so low over Carlow town :pac:

no that wouldn't be the stealth fighter so. the stealth fighter flies at around 100,000 ft or the SR-71 flies at the height of 100,000 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

"Dad, according to Junior Skeptic Magazine, the chances are 175 million to one of another form of life actually coming into contact with ours."
    "So?"
    "It's just that the people who claim they've seen aliens are always pathetic lowlifes with boring jobs. Oh, and you, Dad."
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

UFO = unidentified flying object....never mentioned aliens :confused: I just don't know what it was!

"UFO" is pretty much synonymous with "Alien Spaceship".

My bad if you were using "UFO" literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Caco wrote: »

That "documentary" was fcuking hilarious because of that guys hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A piece of that doomed Space Shuttle landed in my back yard ...no seriously it did ... like apart from a toy , what other piece of metal would have the NASA symbol written on the side ?

Anyhows ,where were we ... ? oh yeah ...UFO's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

So AHers...have you ever seen anything strange site in the night sky you couldn't explain or do you think I'm gone mad :P I

The only weird thing I ever saw in the sky was about 10 years ago on a summers day, there was broken clouds and blue sky, I just happened to look up at one stage and I thought I noticed a triangular shaped distortion moving across one cloud, it is hard to describe but it was like how the Predator could make itself invisible but you could still kinda see it as it moved.

Same thing with this cloud, a triangle shape moving across it. When it got to the end of the cloud and reached the blue sky it disappeared but then reappeared a few seconds later on the next nearest cloud in what would roughly have been a straight line continuation of the path that I had first noticed it on.

I'm sure it was probably my eyes playing tricks on me and if it hadn't reappeared on the second cloud I'd have immediately forgotten about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

August 29th 2009, To the north east of Cork City. Some strange carry on whatever its occupants were at, Never seen anything like it, Not the only one to see it either, It was mentioned on 96FM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ive seen two ufo's one was like a weird silvery ball way up in the sky wouldnt have noticed it if it wasnt a clear blue day that about 12 years ago. Also i saw a red glowy ball one out towards the sea it was perfectly still and big then shot downwards then stopped on the spot and shot diagonally upwards the done some weird swirly move and shot out over the sea never saw anything move that fast :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Im not saying it was ancient aliens but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Latchy wrote: »
    A piece of that doomed Space Shuttle landed in my back yard ...no seriously it did ... like apart from a toy , what other piece of metal would have the NASA symbol written on the side ?

Anyhows ,where were we ... ? oh yeah ...UFO's

Pics or GTFO?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Many years ago (when we had long hot Summers), I was sunbathing out in the field. It was a cloudless day, then I spotted a tiny white irregular shaped object in the sky - I knew it wasn't a cloud as it was changing shape and gradually getting bigger. I ran home and got my brothers out to look at this object, they were as mystified as I was. As it got closer to earth, we followed it by car and watched it land in a neighbouring field - only to discover it was nothing more than a white plastic shopping bag!

Can't explain how it appeared from the sky in the first place :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

justryan wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO?!
    It's a pity they don't allow pics or GTFO in AH ...but I'll see what I can do :
    watch this space
    cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

The stealth blip as they are calling it, fret not,, it's not out of this world, it's very much part of it, they are just scaring people with their big secret weapons.

I suspect it has space faring capabilities
    That would explain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i believe in aliens but tbh what in the name of fcuk would they want with us? they can travel from planet to planet but they sure are interested in those irish folk :D they could at least have an interest in a somewhat interesting and important country.......that can play rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

It's only a matter of time now. Way to many unexplained sightings.

I for one welcome our alien overlords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Swampy wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time now. Way to many unexplained sightings.

I for one welcome our alien overlords.

get with the times it was ancient aliens ffs, they have genetically manipula... ah fcuk it someone stick up some crazy hair

Advertisement