Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three year old "motorcyclist' takes to a busy road in China to find his mum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

Bad junction alright...surely some of the motorists could have stopped? Or else that might have made it worse for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Bad junction alright...surely some of the motorists could have stopped? Or else that might have made it worse for everyone.

Stop? That's not how they roll in China!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Probably safer not to stop, some clown behind would think "whats that díck doing" swerve around him and run down the kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Unfortunitly there is a fear of helping others over there, a public case around 20 years ago saw a motorist help an old man that had been run over to the hospital, next thing the old mans family showed up an accused the driver of running him over. It went to court and the judge ruled in the family's favour, the drivers life was ruined and he had to payout money and medical bills for the rest of the oldmans life. This was so famous everyone over there are in fear of helping others unless the person in trouble shouts out publicly that they fell by themselves or whatever. This fear of paying money out has lead to a few cases where a driver has run over a child and then backed up over the child to make sure they are dead as it would be cheaper to pay off the boys family than pay hospital bills for a cripple. I love China and speak Chinese but it is one of the thing I dislike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

There was also that other case a few months back of a child being hit twice by vehcles in the street.

People just walked by....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Unfortunitly there is a fear of helping others over there, a public case around 20 years ago saw a motorist help an old man that had been run over to the hospital, next thing the old mans family showed up an accused the driver of running him over. It went to court and the judge ruled in the family's favour, the drivers life was ruined and he had to payout money and medical bills for the rest of the oldmans life. This was so famous everyone over there are in fear of helping others unless the person in trouble shouts out publicly that they fell by themselves or whatever. This fear of paying money out has lead to a few cases where a driver has run over a child and then backed up over the child to make sure they are dead as it would be cheaper to pay off the boys family than pay hospital bills for a cripple. I love China and speak Chinese but it is one of the thing I dislike.

Speaking of in today paper: "Drunk' Chinese couple 'knocked down elderly woman.and then buried her while she was still ALIVE' :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149260/Chinese-couple-buried-elderly-woman-alive-theyd-thought-theyd-killed-drink-driving-accident.html
    There was also that other case a few months back of a child being hit twice by vehcles in the street.

People just walked by....
    They would probably have done it to this child too, someone must have been looking over him. :)

CCTV systems are exposing these horror cases that a number of years ago people could have got away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Luckily for this kid, he was the right gender. A little girl probably wouldn't have been as lucky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Speaking of in today paper: "Drunk' Chinese couple 'knocked down elderly woman.and then buried her while she was still ALIVE' :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149260/Chinese-couple-buried-elderly-woman-alive-theyd-thought-theyd-killed-drink-driving-accident.html

I'm just gobsmacked by that picture, what came first, the bridge or the house?:eek:

article-2149260-01A022B600000578-871_468x314.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,710 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm just gobsmacked by that picture, what came first, the bridge or the house?:eek:

I'd say the bridge

Not that different from how we use railway arches

1318939484_80.177.117.97.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^
    Looks a lot nicer, that's living under a bridge in style!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They see me 'trollin, they hating :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Stop? That's not how they roll in China!

Life is very cheap in China. Sure over 1.2bn of them around to waste

Someone died making your iProduct? Sure how bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

^^^
    Looks a lot nicer, that's living under a bridge in style!:D
    You know all about it when ou are woken up at 6AM every morning with the first train.

Advertisement