Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

topping up fluids

Options
  • 14-07-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi folks sorry if this sounds stupid but Idont know what to do :
    I have an opel astra 5 door (club) and I was wondering can I top up brake fluid and power steering fluid ,thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yes you can but not with the same fluid.Each contains different stuff.Either look in your handbook or ask a dealer which stuff exactly goes in each and dont over fill.If they keep dropping, then you have a leak and must be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

You can indeed just make sure you get the proper fluid for each,read the manual and do a little googling if you are unsure.

The questions i would ask are - do the need to be topped up? and if so why? It could be just general wear and tear over the years or it could be a bigger problem.For instance in the case of PS fluid bigger heavier wheels on the car can put the power steering set up under stress.

Advertisement