Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fastest Car, €3000 Max Budget

Options
  • 11-07-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

Alrighty, The tittle says it all.

Whats the fastest car you can get in Ireland for the fine sum of €3000. I have had a look around but hoping you boardsie's may be able to find something i have missed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

any car will do 120kph ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

The ol Cruise Control is handy around Mondello then ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

So will my foot meeting your arse:D, Its not unknown for me to hit trackdays in Mondello so you can take that into consideration too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

View2-7088215.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2328009

Should be pretty quick, and a few quid left over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Sweatynutsack

Wrx sti and ya'd get a nice clean tested one for around the 3 mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

R.O.R wrote: »
    View2-7088215.jpeg

there not that fast though a turbo one is a different story.

for 3k though Id have an Evo 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Octavia........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

R.O.R wrote: »
    View2-7088215.jpeg

Beat me to it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

I'd second the impreza.

Although maybe you should look at something that's still quick but bit more fun to drive. I'm sure you could get a turbo'd mx5 from the uk for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

Skyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

might I be a boring ould fart and ask whats the point ???

you want a fast car ... you can only afford/budget 3K .... no offence to you OP but there are speed limits and people who buy cars just because they are fast sometimes* cannot control the cars and end out killing themselves and sometimes other people as well.

hope you factor in your insurance cost with the car.... I personally don't care if you want to break the law and the speed limits in this country (many of the roads are not properly given a speed rating anyway).... but I do care about you potentially taking the life of someone else (in an accident).

Take some responsibility - a fast car is not always going to be the car that will be fun to drive, or safe/good enough to stop and save your life and the lives of others if you loose control on the roads.

*= not all people who buy a fast car can control the car....some people are just idiots and think speed is cool !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

PCPhoto wrote: »

you want a fast car ... you can only afford/budget 3K .... no offence to you OP but there are speed limits and people who buy cars just because they are fast sometimes* cannot control the cars and end out killing themselves and sometimes other people as well.

hope you factor in your insurance cost with the car.... I personally don't care if you want to break the law and the speed limits in this country (many of the roads are not properly given a speed rating anyway).... but I do care about you potentially taking the life of someone else (in an accident).

Take some responsibility - a fast car is not always going to be the car that will be fun to drive, or safe/good enough to stop and save your life and the lives of others if you loose control on the roads.

Jaysus mate,get off your high horse.I think we have our answer here
    Its not unknown for me to hit trackdays in Mondello so you can take that into consideration too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

*= not all people who buy a fast car can control the car....some people are just idiots and think speed is cool !!

Ah man .. how about you just do the Safety dance out of the Motors forum altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

• Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ah man .. how about you just do the Safety dance out of the Motors forum altogether.

Drop this right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

vectra wrote: »

Thats a real pussy magnet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Jaysus mate,get off your high horse.I think we have our answer here

explain to me how I'm on a high horse !!!

The OP is looking for "the fastest car for 3K" he/she is not saying its for track use only.

I've said there are lots of roads out there which are sh1t for speed limits (perfectly straight stretches with 80K limits), I'm making the point that just buying the fastest car may not be the best option ...if the OP wants to purchase any old thing and attach/modify the engine to make it the fastest possible within his/her budget ...well and good but if he/she is zooming down some backroad and kills someone will you say it was the roads fault????

OP if you are going to get something .... best way is to build it yourself, easiest way to do it is check which model car is more aerodynamic, get the frame, build from the frame.... choose your engine (have it modified/chipped), choose proper safety features - rolls cage/bars, brakes.... exhaust....just do it responsibly so you know the limits of each piece - it will make you a better driver to know what your machine can do and where its limits are. (take care on the roads ...too many idiots out there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

No no no no no, The whole other world of boards.ie is this way
    >, Come on now your in a motoring forum and you are spouting this drivel. I have already adressed the issue of insurance, as the vehicle will be covered regardless of what it is so thats a mute point.

At what point have a indicated i am an irresponsible person, i have allready said it will be used around modello, i dont think there is a more responsible place to use a performance car in this country.

Anywho,

Id love an RX7 but a 3k one, i dont think so.

I think ye know the Supra is out considering i just got rid of mine one last night.

I have some reservations about wrx sti, in regards to the engines being a wee bit soft.

Mr2 turbo's are nice but prone to HG failure, i would really be looking for a T-Bar if i was to look at one.

The M3 is a very good option, i just wonder how good a 2.5k one can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The OP is looking for "the fastest car for 3K" he/she is not saying its for track use only.

I've said there are lots of roads out there which are sh1t for speed limits (perfectly straight stretches with 80K limits), I'm making the point that just buying the fastest car may not be the best option ...if the OP wants to purchase any old thing and attach/modify the engine to make it the fastest possible within his/her budget ...well and good but if he/she is zooming down some backroad and kills someone will you say it was the roads fault????

OP if you are going to get something .... best way is to build it yourself, easiest way to do it is check which model car is more aerodynamic, get the frame, build from the frame.... choose your engine (have it modified/chipped), choose proper safety features - rolls cage/bars, brakes.... exhaust....just do it responsibly so you know the limits of each piece - it will make you a better driver to know what your machine can do and where its limits are. (take care on the roads ...too many idiots out there)

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Anyway,back on topic.How about this?
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2332916

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

YipYipU wrote: »

Too low, too chromey and too blingy with that kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Good points but if you look back over posts from the OP you'll see he's used to high powered machines and I can vouch for him and say he drives responsibly on public roads.

Knifey you'll pick up an EVOIV for that money... could be interesting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DancingPriest

• Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

robtri wrote: »

An M3 evo on Irish plates, just serviced with 2 years NCT for €2.5k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Personally, I'd go for this if I were the OP. It looks to be in good condition on the outside and the interior is spotless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

YipYipU wrote: »
    Since when is a Honda Legend a fast car?

Advertisement