Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunscreen for a bald man

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi There

I was wondering does anyone know of a good gel based sunscreen/block for a bald man (and ginger originally to boot). I have tried several other makes such la roche posay, nivea (all cream) and find them very greasy.
    Some gels i have come across say not to use on scalp.
    Any ideas?

bp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Hi. I'm bald and origionally red, (and some parts still are:(). I use a baseball cap most of the time when sunny as I find that sunblock just gets diluted by my sweat, and i couldn't take the risk of getting badly burned, as has happened in the past. You just cant judge how much sunblock is on you when you sweat. just reapply every so often. .......(I just had a great idea..put antiperspirant on your head and then apply the sun block.should last 24 hours) P.S. disregard everything I've said in the captions. I'd also be v.interested to see what this thread brings up.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

thanks for the input, i have used Reiman P20 which is a liquid based sunscreen which is quite good but you have to put on an hour before you go out and its a bit pricey and it tends to flake off after 8 hours but it is very effective. I have come across this site http://www.baldguyz.com/ but the shipping is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Slap on the kids factor 50! I wouldn't go any lower than that personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

P20 is yer man.

new formula must be put on only 15 mins before going out and if you want to be sure to be sure, put on a second coat then and wait another 15. Have never got burned using it.

i have tried the kids factor 50 and it left me looking like casper the friendly ghost and its like covering oneself in plaster.
    Might give the reiman a go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I 2nd the P20 - It's the bees knees. You get used to having to put it on the few mins before you go out in the morning.
    On the cost side of it - I was in Lanzarote last year and I was getting big bottle of it for 17e, same bottle in 33e in Ireland.
    I think they do in Duty Free shops at a reasonable discount too ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No sunscreen is as good as a hat, sweat and wiping will reduce the effectiveness of sunscreen pretty quickly.
    Far better to use a fishermans or bucket hat, or at least something with a wide brim.

thanks CJ, tips from the grave are always welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Cap/hat is the best solution.

Advertisement