Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magazines for men

Options
  • 28-04-2013 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a large variety of magazines aimed at women, but very little for men

I buy Tatler for Men and find it very good, covers work, arts, sport, fashion...but it only comes out once every 3 months

Not interested in Nuts or Loaded type mags...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Stuff
    T3

Both gadgetty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

pwurple wrote: »
    Stuff
    T3

Both gadgetty.

Big fan of Stuff myself as well

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

Big Fan of GQ, it's a monthly but they have some great articles (little GB focused but still relevant) and cover fitness, fashion, sport, cars etc. It's a real all rounder and lasts the month to browse through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

GQ and Esquire are two of the more mature magazines for men. Can't beat T3 or Stuff either as someone has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd tend to read subject-specific magazines rather than "mens mags" e.g. Tog Gear, Total Film, Empire, occasional copy of Q etc.

Though, since I got my hands on a Kindle, I buy far less of them as they were typically airport purchases for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Same here, I would never usually just walk into a shop and buy one unless I was traveling on a medium, long distance journey. With the internet there are alternatives such as AskMen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Depends on the mood. CQ is decent. Front is like an alternative FHM. FHM has gone down hill and is more like a glossy fashion mag with cursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

Another airport buyer here.

GQ and Esquire are currently the bog room reading material. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Monocle and Fantastic Man are two go-to's. I'll always grab Port and Inventory if I see them. If the OP is based in Dublin, Indigo & Cloth has a nice selection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'd tend to read subject-specific magazines rather than "mens mags" e.g. Tog Gear, Total Film, Empire, occasional copy of Q etc.

Though, since I got my hands on a Kindle, I buy far less of them as they were typically airport purchases for me.

Magazines for the male interest market have always been led by the subject be it boobs or cars or woodwork. The catch all format somehow always falls short for me so I never buy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Modern Drunkard, Mad magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Ah hoy hoy.

I recommend 'the chap' magazine.

Use your internet machine to view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Stuff - Gadget Goodness.
    Click - Irish gadget magazine - only €2 but very hard to get.
    Focus - Science & technology magazine - only got the last two version but I'm liking its sensationalist view on science - Makes for a good read!
    National Geographic - Bit rubbish lately though.
    And some computing interest mags too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I will admit to reading NUTS..... but only through P2P thanks to my location :)

smurfjed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Men's Health, it's grand although I only read about half it.
    Focus is a great read too.

All I can say is bring back the slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'd pick up Monocle and Wired regularly-ish, mainly because they are very nicely designed and sometimes have cool features.
    boobar wrote: »
    I buy Tatler for Men and find it very good, covers work, arts, sport, fashion...but it only comes out once every 3 months

My mum got a copy free once and gave it to me. So I gave it a read, and then I get to the sex advice where I read the suggestion that anti depressants are good for making you last longer in bed and maybe give them a thought. That, in my mind, is worse than any advice Cosmo has ever given to women...

That and a lot of it just screams 'unlabeled advertorial' to me tbh.

Advertisement