Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2011/12 (FSA link in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

431040_10151348885745307_737165306_22699894_751298078_n.jpg

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

FFS Ba.. bloody vc capt now too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

45-50 looks to be a respectable score this week. Delighted :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

This GW just keeps getting better and better.

NOT!!

Really need Dempsey (VC), Bale (assuming he plays), and BAE to dig me out of a hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Pavel what'hisname with a hattrick and Dempsey with one for fulham , 4 nil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

JPA wrote: »
    Pavel what'hisname with a hattrick and Dempsey with one for fulham , 4 nil.

And most importantly so far, a clean sheet :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Dempsey's done the business, should see me across the 40 points line despite not having RVP, but having Ba, Sess, Aguaro, Bale and Silva. Jones is my 3rd sub, but for him to come on I'd only have 2 midfielders (5-2-3) which I dont think is possible, anyone know for sure?

Really need a BAE goal now.

Dempsey's done the business, should see me across the 40 points line despite not having RVP, but having Ba, Sess, Aguaro, Bale and Silva. Jones is my 3rd sub, but for him to come on I'd only have 2 midfielders (5-2-3) which I dont think is possible, anyone know for sure?

That is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

That is possible.

Cheers! Shame that it doesnt make much difference now. :)

• Advertisement

I think I should break 60. Somehow!

I think I should break 60. Somehow!

Might just clear 50 if I'm lucky.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How poxy am I, Aguero my captain didnt play so the captancy goes to dempsey, not only that mcauley and caulker come in for aguero and silva, a measly point for mcclean coming on for bale so in total so far without bonus pts I have 87 points:D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Hey

Whats the name of that website that shows price rises anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

james123 wrote: »
    Hey

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

How'd you do this weekend? Bit of a strange one for everyone methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

smokingman wrote: »

How'd you do this weekend? Bit of a strange one for everyone methinks...

Cheers mate

47 not bad considering how everyone else did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

james123 wrote: »
    Hey

http://www.totalfpl.com/

or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

There's a large list of FF resources here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550109

If you scroll down a handful of posts, you'll see my addition, laid out semi-competently with some extras. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

What a bizarre week.

First I choose Krul over Mignolet with my benched keeper saving a pen and my chosen one failing to do so. Amongst the rest of my squad, I had two players receive minus points, three not play at all (Silva, Richards and Bale) and had two red cards and a missed penalty.

And I still come out with close to 70 points! Thank you Dempsey (c), RVP and sub McAuley. I'll take that!

I'm trying to sort my head out for some kind of strategy for the rest of the season now and to be honest, there's a lot to think about..

The main thing is, despite the current bandwagons, you have to ask yourself, which team has most to play for in the remaining matches?
    Do I pick someone from a mid-table team that might be safe from relegation and not entirely up for it or do I risk someone from a team at the bottom that may well be putting in a huge effort over the next while.

I'm not talking about the likes of Wolves seeing as they're a headless chicken right now but maybe a more stable team like Villa, QPR or Blackburn (yeah, I know...).

Looking at Blackburns matches in the next while, they could shine (as pointed out by Carlcon in another thread). Villa could be a better option seeing as they have, on paper, more talent at their disposal.

I remember at the end of last season, it was worth investing in the teams hovering around the relegation line. Something to factor in this year maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I wonder is Young of Utd starting to hit form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Who are good candidates to replace Sess with now that he is out for 3 games?
    I also have Dyer! !

I also have Dyer! !

A lot of people are going for McClean from the same Sunderland squad. I'm thinking of going for Pederson or N'Zonzi from Blackburn seeing as I'm not replacing any of my strikers for the rest of the season which is blocking Yakubu from coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I also have Dyer! !

I downgraded Cisse to Holt and got in Walcott, who though being a terrible player, does seem to deliver in FF terms (except for the one or two times I've gotten him in ;)) hope it works out this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Dempsey cost me BIG yesterday. Rivals in my league had Aguero as captain, I went with him too but had RvP as VC. Watched the game and the head dropped as he banged in those goals. Even with one of them having Sess and Ba I still lost ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

A bit gutted this week, even though I had Dempsey as captain. My rival in my cash league, who was 80 ahead of me before this weekend, had Aguero as captain, but his VC was Van Persie the jammy bastard!

The hardest thing to take though was the fact that two of my subs were used, bringing 2 points into play for me, and my third sub was McAuley with 15 bloody points! I would have cut his lead by 25% had he come on. Catching him is worth €150 to me too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Fizman wrote: »
    A bit gutted this week, even though I had Dempsey as captain. My rival in my cash league, who was 80 ahead of me before this weekend, had Aguero as captain, but his VC was Van Persie the jammy bastard!

The hardest thing to take though was the fact that two of my subs were used, bringing 2 points into play for me, and my third sub was McAuley with 15 bloody points! I would have cut his lead by 25% had he come on. Catching him is worth €150 to me too. :(
    McAuley was my third sub as well, but with Silva, Richards and Bale not playing, he came in. You must be gutted! But what can you do? You made the right call... Four times out of five, McAuley would score two points at home to Chelsea. It was a fluke... With a bit of luck, you'll catch a fluke in your favour to narrow the gap in the next week or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Bad things this week - Aguero(C), Silva, Bale, Richards not playing, Ba peno miss(VC), Sess red

Good things - Subbing in Pogrebnyak and he gets hattrick, Caulker assist/clean sheet, not having enough players so Aguero remained my captain instead of it switching to Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

your captaincy would have switched to Ba regardless how many players played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

podge018 wrote: »
    your captaincy would have switched to Ba regardless how many players played.

Ah just had another look at it and noticed it. Ah well another for the bad list I suppose!

Advertisement